80 series brakes

Submitted: Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 23:34
ThreadID: 10226 Views:1426 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Wanting to a brake pad change on the 80, As i,ve never been shown,
was told i'ts very easy, And all brake systems are the same. Undo top and bottom bolt from inside the caliper to loosen the caliper, But looking under the car it seems to be the 2 larger bolts that are more centered that would loosen the caliper not the top or bottom. The back ones are different and quite simple as were discribed.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric.- Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:45

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:45
i think the 80 does have larger bolts closer to the axle housing , all you need to do is distinguish , what is the caliper , and whats not and undo the 2 bolts that hold them together . I do feel a little uncofortable telling you this , since I believe that you should be shown first before you atempt it yourself ,for brakes anyway. i know 30 people will jump up and say its easy , but its your brakes your playing with , If you cock the piston , or dont sit the caliper on correctly . Its your and your familys life your talking about . If you are going to puch the piston back , make sure you have loosened the master sylinder cap , as this will stop the seal from popping inside the master , and make sure you pump the brakes before you drive off to make sure you have your brake pedal back , it will take atleast 4 to 8 pumpsVenus Bay
AnswerID: 45249

Follow Up By: Diamond(due to duck season) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:45

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:45
gday eric.
arnt 80series the type you just push back with out removing the caliper.and slot new pads in.been a long time since i done some of them.cheersdue to duck season coming
ive decided to hide out
love jemima puddle duck
back after the season
FollowupID: 307367

Reply By: Moose - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 14:38

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 14:38
Go out and buy a Gregory's manual and it shows you with diagrams. Yes it is easy but I think you're crazy to try it without a manual if you've never seen it done.
AnswerID: 45426

Sponsored Links