isolated camping locations

Submitted: Friday, May 17, 2013 at 14:02
ThreadID: 102260 Views:2016 Replies:9 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,

Looking at going camping in early june with a few friends. We normally are found around Moreton/Straddy/fraser but decided to try something different this year. Would prefer somewhere within 6 hours drive of brisbane. Our main request is somewhere with some decent space from other campers. We aren't overly noisy - but do enjoy a few drinks and playing a guitar till late ish and wouldn't want to disturb any families. We are completely self sufficient and have 4wds. The only other thing we enjoy is the ol bush TV so campfire sites if possible.

I have done a bit of research but it is hard to find information about the campsites themselves. Any suggestions would be terrific.

Cheers,

Lisa
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chisel - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 14:43

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 14:43
Could try Tuan State Forest. I haven't been but I've seen it mentioned on here.
Otherwise there are plenty of spots within 6hrs in Northern NSW. eg. free camping on the man River, or camping on various parts of the Clarence. Coastal camping on Pebbly Beach etc.
AnswerID: 511240

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 22:29

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 22:29
G'day Lisa,

you could head out towards Nindigully.
It's a great old pub and you can camp beside the river.

Steve
AnswerID: 511280

Reply By: GimmeeIsolation - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 21:05

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 21:05
A few maps, google earth and many hours of looking and research for somewhere yourself.
Its not hard, just draw an arc about 500 kms from you and start looking.
You are asking for somewhere nice and quiet where you can all go and play music, sing, drink, and make a bit of noise.
It sounds like a great time if your in the group and into that but others escape all that and do not want to hear a party as noise travels far in the night.
Many places have been ruined over the past years with too many invading serenity to come and party.
Its even worse when people blab on the net for hundreds of thousands to read and then hundreds of other vehicles then go to and the damage that then occurs.
There are heaps of places in the area you want to go that I know of, and Ive only been through a dozen times or so on my laps of Oz but put research in to, "get away".
Whats my username ?
AnswerID: 511339

Reply By: Greyone - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 23:19

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 23:19
"We aren't overly noisy - but do enjoy a few drinks and playing a guitar till late ish"

Hmmmmmm!
AnswerID: 511347

Reply By: RobMac (QLD_Member) - Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 00:43

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 00:43
You could always try Sundown NP down near Stanthorpe. Nice and remote and plenty of room...

refer to the following Link: Sundown NP Weekend Trip 2013
Cheers..... RobM
Defender PUMA 110 "New School Tourer"
Defender 110 Tdi300 "Old School Tourer for Solo Trips"
DiscoTDi for Work/Play

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 511551

Reply By: Woodsie78 - Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 07:32

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 07:32
Hi lisa89

If you're going out of school holidays, I can highly recommend Station Creek, Pebbly Beach and Minnie Water. (Just South of Grafton).

It offers beaches for fishing, goannas galore which are fun to watch, water crossing to Pebbly Beach, drop loos, places to walk & explore... And the bush! It can be busy in school hols but otherwise, you can tuck away into a corner and be by yourself. Our kids like taking their bikes! Fires are allowed and sometimes they offer free fire wood, too! Call the rangers and ask when you leave maybe???

Pebbly Beach is a salt water crossing and some people don't like driving through salt water. But it's my all time favourite camping area!

Good luck & have fun wherever you may choose to go.
AnswerID: 511557

Reply By: Geoff H18 - Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 09:08

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 09:08
Nindigully x 2
AnswerID: 511565

Reply By: Lisa89 - Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 09:45

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 09:45
Hey thanks for all the fantastic suggestions. We went to sundowner last year and loved it! Have decided to go to pebbly creek in September and nindigully this time round. Plus it will be state of origin and we need to watch the footy somewhere ;o)

We honestly are not out to destroy anything, nor disturb anyone. We have been camping as a group for 10 years together now and understand how annoying it can be to have noisy campers beside you.

Thank you all kindly for your response and I will post some photos after =]
AnswerID: 511567

Reply By: Steelo25 - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 13:05

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 13:05
What about the free camp at Calliope Rv near Gladstone, it's just off the Hway with camping either side of the river both with toilets. Nth side is just at the back of an historical village which also has a little shop for things like ice-creams & such. It's also well grassed, the Sth side isn't & is more the "party" side with a boat ramp on the river. There is a bit of water skiing, fishing, kayaking & swimming on this side. ;)
AnswerID: 511807

Sponsored Links