GQ Rear Speaker Wires

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:42
ThreadID: 10229 Views:2141 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me from experience where the rear speaker wires terminate in the GQ.

I just put a new raio in the old girl and see the socket for the rear set although the speakers aren't fitted.

Just thought someone may have past experience, and save me taking a lot of gear out necessarily with a lucky dip.

Thanks All

CumboTD42
EFS
TX4400
Safari Snorkel
Rola Racks
Milford Barrier
Engel 39l
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:33

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:33
I ran complete new wires from front to rear, the wire they use is like human hair its that crappy!

Not sure where they end though, it is easier to run new wire.
AnswerID: 45267

Reply By: Diamond(due to duck season) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:56

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:56
gday cumbo.
looking in the work shop manual.thr rear speaker wires run from the right hand side over to the left and down to the front of the car.r/h/f kick panel..
going bye the manual.
dosnt say - or +
rhr p and or/l
lhr p/b and p/l
hope this helps.
but from memory you can pick them up from the l/h/f kick panel as well.
cheers
due to duck season coming
ive decided to hide out
love jemima puddle duck
back after the season
AnswerID: 45279

Reply By: Martyn (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 15:42

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 15:42
Cumbo,
I thought all the wires went down the lefthand side (nearside), one of the wires broke right by the side of the pasengers seat once on my GQ. The wires run through the back doors, through the rubber sleeves where the HRW wires and the rear wash wipe wires go I think from memory. I ran new wires the ones installed where really thin and crap quality. If you take the palstic protector strips up from the doors you should find the wires under the carpet, removing the fronts seats makes all this sort of work a lot easier and they only take 10 minutes to remove. My opinions as usual. Keep the shiny side up
AnswerID: 45309

Reply By: Cumbo - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:44

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:44
Thanks guys.

Fainally found where they end uo in the rear doors but was unsure as to their route on the way. As you all said they are nice and thin so tomottorow will trace the wires and replace with something different.

Really pleased with the radio which plays WMA format and allows fourteen or so albums on the one CD. Sure save s the room of a changer and having to swap CD.

Once again thanks for the replies.

Heading for the 4wd show in Queanbeyan on the weekend and may run into some of those in the forum. I'm the one with the same size and good looks of Foster the woodchopper from Tassie

Cumbo

CumboTD42
EFS
TX4400
Safari Snorkel
Rola Racks
Milford Barrier
Engel 39l
AnswerID: 45339

Sponsored Links