bike rider

Submitted: Monday, May 20, 2013 at 23:05
ThreadID: 102326 Views:1786 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
i am new to this site and the froum. ive just paid up for membership.
i ride a motorbike (suzuki drz400e). i am a remote area nurse and i work all over australia. i have recently worked at punmu and kunawarritji (well 33) on the canning stock route in west australia. my next contract is at mt barnett in the kimberly region. i am leaving on thursday to ride the 3000 km to this location for my contract. is it likely that i will meet other people from this forum? just curious as to know what to expect as i normally ride in company with other bikes or solo.
thanks. bernadette
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, May 20, 2013 at 23:29

Monday, May 20, 2013 at 23:29
Hi Bernadette , welcome aboard! Firstly what a great job you have with a change in scenery every now and then. You should see a few members around and about. Some on short and long trips, some retired members never stop, they just keep going round and round. Members generally have bumper stickers or spare wheel covers that identify them as associated with EO. If you see some around, stop and say hello. They are a very friendly bunch with the same interests of traveling this great country! Keep safe on your trip and we will look forward to hearing from you soon! Regards Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 511489

Follow Up By: bernadette - Monday, May 20, 2013 at 23:40

Monday, May 20, 2013 at 23:40
thanks michael. i will be travelling pretty fast to get to my location in my allotted time but on the way home i hope to be taking a more leisurely time so will keep a look out for the logo stickers and freindly faces.
FollowupID: 789740

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 09:55

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 09:55
Hi Bernadette, welcome to the forum.
There are lots of forum members all over and they all have the same passion for exploring Australia. As said before often members will have a sticker on their vehicle and that is how I have come in contact with others. Sometimes it is just a passing hello as you fuel up and other times I have ended up camping next to people.

Sounds like you are out exploring the country first hand and I envy you. I always find it is a time and money balance.

Good luck

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 511506

Sponsored Links