An OziExplorer problem

Hi all,
I run Ozi on an Asus EEE slate PC running windows 7 through a USB GPS puck mounted on a ram mount in the vehicle. Occasionally while running moving maps the Ozi screen freezes and I get the error message 'Scan line index out of range'. I am thinking that it may be caused by bumps on the track causing the slate to want to rotate the screen from landscape view but this is a guess.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to preventing this error message please?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 13:55

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 13:55
Hi, no real idea but could it be related to the map you are using? Does the problem occur with just one map in one certain area ..can you recreate the problem when not in moving map..i.e. my guess is that it is something to do with the map image file being corrupted or misread some how or other. What image format do you use?

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 511808

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 14:12

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 14:12
...also while in moving map it could be trying to open a map image that is unsupported or corrupt...so maybe check what maps you have loaded and make sure they are OK.

By the way, what version of OziExplorer are you using? Pays to disclose this at the start as some problems maybe related to out-dated versions.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 790098

Follow Up By: Mikee5 - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 15:31

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 15:31
I have the latest version of Ozi, updated on line. I am using Natmaps mosaic. I was north of Birdsville so there was no other map available on my files. Prior to this Ozi was happily swapping maps eg Birdsville track map etc. So I don't think it was this - thanks. Back to the think-tank...
FollowupID: 790100

Follow Up By: arofs1 - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 17:53

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 17:53
I realize that this is generalizing, but I have a copy of Oziexploer and heaps of maps and want to get experienced in their use, but I am confused as to what great use their application is to me in general.

I have a Garmin Nuvi and an inbuilt Toyota GPS in the newish Prado Altitude. I hear of people saying they can't live without Ozi, what is the great advantage over what I have for me?

Brian DJ
FollowupID: 790111

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 22:59

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 22:59
Hi

I use Oziexplorer (along with other mapping programs) all the time - for displaying airphotos, satelite photos, topo maps, geology maps, hydrogeology maps, vegetation maps, historical mine maps, custom maps..list goes on. Ozi is also great for data manipulation (e.g saving/editing/sharing waypoints and tracks). If what you have suits your requirements/intended purpose fine, but no good/limited use for other people. I would find a Nuvi (of any type) and an in car nav unit almost totally useless for what I do - limited map selection and limited/restricted data saving (upload/download, import/export) capabilities.

Cheers
Greg

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 790124

Follow Up By: WBS - Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 23:04

Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 23:04
Are you sure the PC you are using is capable of processing the whole NATMAP Mosaic file in moving map every time it needs to refresh? I've experienced my 7" GPS locking up for this reason so I took to using the individual 250k maps and that solved the problem. I then map merge the 250K maps into blocks of 16 which meant less files required but bigger file sizes. Hasn't locked up since doing this. Might be worth some consideration.
WBS
FollowupID: 790126

Sponsored Links