recovery points on pagero

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 22:44
ThreadID: 10257 Views:1655 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
How's it goin ppl. I wold just like to know where to put the front recovery hook on 2000 pag as there seems to be nowhere obvious or it would be indirect.
Thanking in advance to the peron who helps me
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RayMc - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 00:35

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 00:35
I read an article a few weeks ago where the NM, NP pajero's were snatched repeatedly from deep sand bogs. They only used the, what I have seen described as 'tie-down loops'. They also only used a single point attachment, rather than any type of load sharing bridle arrangement. Every attempt (approx. 6 - 8, went without issue). The article also described the measurements taken on various points of the vehicles (door gaps, etc) to measure any twist or wrenching in the monocoque chassis. The article went on to say that these loops could safely be used for recovery. I am trying to locate the article again and will post it if successful.
Cheers
Ray
AnswerID: 45371

Reply By: brett - Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:44

Wednesday, Feb 04, 2004 at 01:44
I have a link to the article here

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~bretthar/snatch.jpg

The owners manual says they are tow points, so they are not just tie downs, but it doesn't say they can be used for recovery , but it doesn't say they can't either. The article in overlander sounds like they gave it a bit of a workout, but I'm not too convinced on anything I read in these mags, especially when mitsubishi did all the tests etc. But it does seem like those points are ok if you believe what's in that article
AnswerID: 45373

Sponsored Links