1770 or Agnes Water which caravan park to stay

Submitted: Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 16:29
ThreadID: 102572 Views:2656 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Just wanted to see which is the best caravan park to stay in 1770 or Agnes Water.
Also what deepwater NP or other camping spots around the area people would recommend.
Maybe a recommendation for fishing charter.
Staying 4-5 days next week.

Thanks
Grant
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: toffytrailertrash - Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 17:01

Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 17:01
Highly recommend Agnes Waters, right on the beach and a very short walk to town shops.

Cheers

Merv
AnswerID: 512466

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 21:13

Monday, Jun 03, 2013 at 21:13
Can't remember the names of them all...The one in 1770 is right on the water and looks gorgeous. We hoped a few weeks ago when we were up there that they accepted dogs but they didn't, so we had to sadly stay elsewhere. But it's in a gorgeous location.
The next one along (about half way along from Agnes Water-1770 road) is the one we stayed at. It's on the east side of the road. Nice area, lovely shady sites. Great ammenities block. A rather long walk through the bush to the beach (about 30 minutes) but that's a similar theme at Agnes Water when you get near town. We stayed in a resort once and it was such a long walk to the beach that we drove along 4WD tracks to other beaches instead! Nice spot, nice park but drive to everything.
We checked out First Point Caravan Park for future visits (right in town) and it seemed very nice. It was walk-to-shops but I don't know how much of a hike the beach is through the park...
We've stayed at "Aggie" about 4 times over the years (any excuse when we're vaguely within coo-ee!) and it's definitely calmer outside school holidays, although there's great spots to escape if you accidentally hit a busy time.
We did a snorkelling trip to Fitzroy Reef Lagoon but I don't know about fishing charters-haven't done that one yet.
We once checked out a camping area (about 5 years ago, so forgive my vagueness) just south of town -I think it was Workmans Beach Camping Area, according to my Camps 6 book). In the trees, self-registration (if I recall) and 4WD sandy track.
PS: Aggie's coastal beaches are very soft sand (great leg workout!) and hubby reckons there's a pretty immediate drop-off into the water so it'd hold interesting fish...

Hope this all helps in some way!!
:)
AnswerID: 512480

Reply By: Hellman and co. - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2013 at 08:30

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2013 at 08:30
We have the fortune of living close by but still go there often to stay. We only stay at the 1770 camping grounds, try to get one of the sites down the back which are right on the beach. In all of our travels nothing has come close to beating it there.
We have also camped in Eurmbula NP which is south and Deepwater NP which is north, nice spots but usual NP conditions apply. (no fires, camp a fair way from the beach etc)
AnswerID: 512492

Follow Up By: Member - GRANT HID(NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 04, 2013 at 11:42

Tuesday, Jun 04, 2013 at 11:42
Thanks for your replies,sounds like a nice part of the world to visit.
It will be a little different from our usual desert or north QLD or WA trips.

Cheers
Grant
FollowupID: 790918

Reply By: Member - " H " (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 22:48

Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 22:48
G,Day Grant,.
We stayed at 1770 two years ago and if ever we head in that direction again we would certainly be back at 1770 the fishing was great and staying so close to the water if a site is available with the sunset is out of this world and thereby recommend you stay there instead of Agnes Water and if your into golf the course is interesting.
Regards and safe travels " H "

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 512680

Sponsored Links