birdsville inside track

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 10:06
ThreadID: 102614 Views:1657 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hey you guys anybody know any history of the birdsville inside track or a web site ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 13:48

Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 13:48
It's the original track - its where the drovers went.They could get permanent water as far as Goyders Lagoon, but no permanent water between there and Marree.

You might get some more history from "Mailman of the Birdsville Track"

I'd driven it a couple of times before - if it is open, then take it - much more interesting drive.

Cheers
Phil
AnswerID: 512637

Follow Up By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 13:59

Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 13:59
Also, The Westprint paper map is great - it has a lot of easy to follow information on the back, and you can just read each paragraph as you pass the sights along the track.
FollowupID: 791098

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 15:59

Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 15:59
Phil & All

We traveled up the Birdsville Track three weeks ago (May 13) and the Inside Track was open (Mungerannie Pub info) but we didn't take the track to save the 60km as there were no clear signs and I wasn't sure.

We had very reliable info re a stake post/rocks/beer cans marker on the BTrack located at xx kms north of Mungerannie at the intersection of the Inside Track. Our first time up that way and we weren't sure, although recently graded the track was covered with heaps of loose rocks and we turned back after a couple of kms.

Regards
Paul H
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 791107

Sponsored Links