Hanns Track

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 06, 2013 at 23:59
ThreadID: 102633 Views:1688 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone travelled the Hanns Track recently? Is it camper trailer friendly? We are thinking about doing it during the July school holidays!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 09:36

Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 09:36
Keith in part but not all. In the latest edition of Western 4WDriver Magazine a couple have just driven the track and did a review maybe have a read of that.

A great deal of the track is off road but Ian has broken the trip up into managable sections.

Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 512700

Reply By: The evil Doctor - Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 10:16

Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 10:16
Just came back from spending some time in that area (Cannie Sue, Part Anne Beadell, David Carnegie etc.).

Some of it is very overgrown (growth from the heavy rains in 2011) and in part, washed away with multiple diversions around the badder bits. Some of these diversions are quite tricky and at 1 point we needed a spotter for wheel placement (And that was north of Neale Junction on the Connie Sue).

Take that info at will, if you are going to do it, take care and you will need to buff the scratches out when ya get home......

Doc.
AnswerID: 512714

Reply By: exmouth1 - Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 18:47

Saturday, Jun 08, 2013 at 18:47
G, day keithm8
Got back about 3 weeks ago, had great time. We found all but frank hanns
dinner gamma hole. We used the trip notes from the frank hanns book and also purchased a copy of his diary. We had Avery adventurous trip and never saw another vehicle for 600 kms. We had 6 staked tyres with 3 were rendered u/s the track was very faint in places due to rain wind and fire. The last vehicles onit were in 2010, so we were following GPS points most of the time. You will not encounter the same probes that we faced as you should easily follow our wheel tracks.
The most confusing area was leaving Wallaby rocks as the track winds it's way through the mulga over rocky ground so there were no distinct tyre tracks. You will need to be very observant to pick up the turn off.
We did it with a couple of Toyota troopys and did not tow. I did own a cub camper trailer a while ago and would have no hesitation towing it through there as it was a very light unit. There are a couple of jump ups that required 4 low but mainly for slow progress up over the rocks.
If you require more info let me know, as you can send me an email and I can give you my phone number so you captive me call.

Cheers
John
AnswerID: 512798

Follow Up By: Keith M8 - Friday, Jun 14, 2013 at 00:14

Friday, Jun 14, 2013 at 00:14
Hi exmouth1. We would love to hear more about the Hanns track. How can we email you?
FollowupID: 791739

Reply By: exmouth1 - Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 17:59

Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 17:59
G, day Keith
Email honeystones3@iinet.net.au
Cheers
John
AnswerID: 513168

Sponsored Links