Comment: Roof Racks, Luggage Trays & Boxes

The opening paragraph for this section mentions that you can use the roof system as a storage area for your garbage. I was looking at getting one of the Bushranger wheelie bags (which get rave reviews) on the spare tyre of our Prado.
Obviously access is easier on the spare tyre. We should have room on our platform to store the garbage for our upcoming Cape York trip.
I'd welcome some discussion on which option people found the best & what method/s worked best to store the rubbish on the roof storage system
Thankyou
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 15:25

Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 15:25
Hi 560, did you know we actually sell a spare wheel rubbish bag? I linked this to your post to clarify.

They are definitely more convenient, but the idea with using the roof is for people that don't have that option or for when you have too much. The roof is less likely to be a problem for attracting dingoes, and other ground dwelling scavengers that might raid your camp at night or when away from the camp/vehicle. We ourselves, have had to store 3 weeks of nappies, plus used cryovac plastic bags, other scraps when travelling very remote without access to proper rubbish disposal points and the roof was perfect to lock it away until we could access a tip.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 512739

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 15:28

Friday, Jun 07, 2013 at 15:28
I should clarify, that when using the roof to store your rubbish, you would still need to store the rubbish in some sort of sealed, watertight bag. In the scenario above used a heavy-duty commercial-style vinyl laundry bag (was about 12 years ago - before the invention of the rear-wheel rubbish bags!).
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 791205

Sponsored Links