Events in your areas

Submitted: Monday, Jun 10, 2013 at 23:20
ThreadID: 102706 Views:1297 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, do any of you know of Events in your area that would be of interest to the people who visit/ frequent this site? If you can think of any. you could enter it into the Events Calendar or if you prefer email the name to me and I'll pop it in there for you. The Events don't have to be 4wd related, just interest for any travellers who may be visiting your area at the time and would like to attend.

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 13:45

Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 13:45
Hi Deanna

I regularly post events in my town on a thread dedicated to Festivals around Australia on another forum. The format there is different so the thread remains current.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 512951

Reply By: member - mazcan - Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 14:37

Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 14:37
hi
most events in towns in w.a areas have links connected to the different shires
and I can usually locate them on google
cheers
AnswerID: 512953

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 18:35

Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 18:35
Thanks mazcan, there are quite a few sites that I've been searching including Shire sites, WA Events are easy to find, it's the other States that I have no idea of and apart from Qld and NSW it's difficult to find the unusual events that are around. Thanks for you input.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 791549

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 18:46

Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 18:46
Thanks to the people who have responded to this post, is there anyone from the Eastern States that can inform me of any Events in their areas..... I'm sure there are a lot of events going that I haven't found yet....
Thanks in Advance.
Cheers
Deanna

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 512960

Follow Up By: Member - Leanne W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 19:33

Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 19:33
Hi Deanna,
Wangaratta have a Jazz festival 1-4 Nov this year, Beechworth have a heap of stuff, check out beechworthonline.com.au
I will keep my eye out for you on things in NE Victoria.
Cheers
Leanne
FollowupID: 791559

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 16:21

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 16:21
Thank you Deanna for continuing with your volunteer efforts to get more Events loaded into our Event calendar. It is interesting that on our other site (www.triathlonoz.com) the Events Calendar is the most popular part of the site, with many hundreds of events, whilst no-one uses the Forum. Yet on ExplorOz, people use the Forum, but not only little interest in the Events calendar. The system works really well - and is designed to help people know what activities are going on around the places they intend to visit at different times of the year. This might be handy to people to know either when to visit or when to avoid an area depending on your viewpoint. We try to input all the well-known Caravan/Camping shows around the country but our calendar includes categories for many other interesting types of events that we know many of our audience would find appealing. But its up to you to input the events for the benefit of others. We only provide the tools and free promotion - event organisers (or anyone that cares), can enter an event - which includes date, time, price, links to website, email, phone contact, logo/photo uploads, comments/reviews, and of course some really cool ways for travellers to extract/download the calendar into your own Outlook calendar or pdf/print a wall chart in A4.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 512998

Follow Up By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 21:48

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 21:48
Thanks Michelle, I thought that if people on the forum just mentioned what events are in their areas it would help others on the forum to plan their trip around upcoming events if they so desire to attend. I think if more events are entered into the calendar more people will use it. If the event is 12 months away it still doesn't matter, most people plan their holidays that far ahead anyway.
I personally didn't realise the usefulness of this tool until I started searching for Events to put in there. I might toddle over to your other site and check the events out on there and bring some over here if that is OK with you Michelle.
Cheers
Deanna

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 791643

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 00:30

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 00:30
Yes sure but they are all fun runs, triathlons, adventure races etc.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 791651

Sponsored Links