Pit Bull Tyres

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013 at 20:01
ThreadID: 102723 Views:1604 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I'm a newcomer to the world of 4wd and have been searching the net for good off road tyres. I came across the Pit Bull range and while they look great and the American forums rate them highly, does anyone have any experience with them
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dindy - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50
Hi there do a search for tyres on this forum and you will find a mountain of opinions and information. My advice for what it is worth is this, work out what you will be doing with your 4x4 then go looking for a reasonably priced readily available tyres that suit your needs. Do not jump straight into buying big chunky aggressive tyres just because they look good, often they can adversely affect the ride and handling of your vehicle particularly in the wet on bitumen. Using the correct tyre for the driving situation/condition is important because no matter what the vehicle or the drivers experience if the tyre does not grip the road surface you don't go anywhere. In respect of pit bull tyres had a quick look at the site and it appears that most of their products are for extreme conditions not your everyday drive. If your intent is to do rough off road driving join a local 4x4 club and get some experience there.
AnswerID: 512987

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:20

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:20
Gday,
If they are true to name they would have to be big and aggressive, a bit of a fashion statement and generally owned by bogans wouldn't they......LOL
AnswerID: 512988

Reply By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 14:21

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 14:21
hi
just had a look at the p/bull site
and from what I saw and read their not your average universal all-terrain rd/outback tyre
but are for xtreme off rd mud and rough as guts racing and
australiasian race type event driving
they would be the type of tyre you would buy and put on a set of rims and use for specific occasions
imho i don't think they would suit day to day driving conditions on rds in general
cheers
AnswerID: 512995

Reply By: Member - Stanley D - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 17:30

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 17:30
Dear Steve, I just returned from the Flinders rangers and Arkaroola. I have 'Maxis' tyres on my 4WD and found that the guys around Arkaroola, Flinders, and Hawker use and recommend the same tyre. If it is good enough for them it's OK with me!
AnswerID: 513002

Follow Up By: Steve J9 - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 20:48

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 20:48
Thanks for your reply every-one, as I said I am only getting started on my 4wding and thought that if the noise didn't bother me to much I would be able to use this sort of tyre on pretty much any terrain
FollowupID: 791635

Sponsored Links