Is anyone travelling the CSR in the next few months?

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some photographs of the two walkers in action on the CSR.

Currently Gaynor Schoeman is at Well 46 and heading south and Pam Arm,strong is a couple of days out of Well 33 and heading north.

If anyone can help out that would be appreciated. if you prefer PM me.

thanks in advance

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:20

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:20
Too late she cried. Phil I'll be travelling south from 33 down to 23 and Georgia Bore from about the 6th July. Probably a bit late.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 512991

Follow Up By: Member - Leigh (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 16:22

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 16:22
Crikey Mick, can you help me negotiate a leave deal with my employer, something like 48/52? Yeah, 48 weeks leave and 4 weeks work!! LOL
FollowupID: 791622

Follow Up By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 03:56

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 03:56
Hi Mick

Hope all your planning is going well.

Re the walkers, you will have missed Pam but I feel you should stilll encounter Gaynor. Presently she is averaging around or under a well a day. With 23 days to get to Well 23 Gaynor should still be north of that target.

On thing is for sure if you or anyone should come across her on the track the most welcome thing you could offer her would be a fresh fruit. After living on dried food and nuts it will be highly prized.

thanks and all the best

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791653

Reply By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:40

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:40
hi phil b
cant help with the photos as not travelling csr atm
but
i'm following Gaynor's progress on spot tracker with great interest in her epic personel challenge
I notice the temperature up there is in the 30's during the day but would be much colder in the desert over night / lower during early morning
my csr trip from sept /oct 1987 brings back memories of the prevailing fluctuations in temps
true blue aussie aboriginals mostly travelled through the night during their travels and rested up during the heat period they were more in touch with the desert life than we will ever be
and were clever with their survival technics
whiteman does it the hard and hot way sweating and stressing our bodies during the daytime heat
then trying to keep warm during the coldest part of the night/day by laying around stationary ??
cheers
PS
do you have a website for pam armstrong's journey???
AnswerID: 512993

Follow Up By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 04:14

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 04:14
Hi Mazcan

Pam doesn’t have SPOT but uses Facebook when she can get phone access, here is the link;
https://www.facebook.com/pam.armstrong.967

As you are aware Gaynor uses SPOT and you are following her; for those of you who want to follow her it’s;
http://www.canningwalker.com/index.php/spot-tracking-maps

Re your 1987 trip; can you tell us more about that? How many vehicles, people, how long it took, which direction, any problems encountered etc.
Member message me if you prefer.

All the best

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791655

Reply By: Member - Darwin Dave - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 22:42

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 22:42
Hi Phil,

Helen, Missy (our Blue Heeler) and myself have not long returned from the CSR.
We kept a look out for your brother Bill B at Well 13 but no luck.
We got rained in at Durba, had to walk many claypans to find or make detours around but unlike some before and after, we didn' get bogged.

We met Pam & Tony just before Well 6 where we all camped, we stayed another night as this is my favorite spot on the CSR.
We caught up with them again just short of Well 9, had a 5 minute smoko which lasted nearly 2 hours! Pam was going great with a sprain and a large blister. I asked about Tony's shearers vest and he tried to give me his other one. They are really nice people.

When we came out of Godfreys Tank I noticed single wheel marks across our track, this turned out to be Gaynor & Andy heading North. We met them a couple of days later about 5km South of Bililuna. Gaynor was fine tuning her back pack but going well.

Our 20 year old 2.8 Hilux ute (it's 2nd CSR) averaged 14/100, took 20 days, broken phone aerial, engine watch dog failed but didn't even gain a new rattle.
Helen will email you a couple of photos of Pam & Gaynor.

Regards,
Dave S

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 513019

Follow Up By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 04:02

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 04:02
Hi Dave

Glad you got through the journey unscathed vehicle wise. I gather Helen was able to go in the end, that's a real shame.

Bill was out there and had a great trip, very successful, he and his mates got back last week. Maybe you had gone through before they got there.

I would really appreciate the photos of the two ladies, with other or without others and vehicles in the photos.

all the best

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791654

Sponsored Links