User Treks Download

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:19
ThreadID: 102731 Views:1786 Replies:1 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Just a general question about user treks downloading.

I've downloaded the Old Coach Road trek from Maytown to Laura Qld.

The info page for this shows 2830 points but when I download in gpx, plt or csv I only get 88 points.

Yet when I download the Bathurst bay to Elim Beach I get 249 points whereas the page shows 248 points. An extra point at the end is added which is at Lat 0.0 Long 0.0 (this is also in the Old Coach Road gpx and plt files).

Now it gives a general indication of where the track goes but along this track when you put it into Google Earth or similar and overlay it on aerial imagery there are some areas where it would be possible to take different routes between two of the points.

It would be nice to have the option to download all the points or at least increase the number to where it gives a greater definition to the track.

Anyway just an observation, I'd sort of expect at least 300 points for a more accurate display when there is 2830 points in the description and the file could be zipped if it's a matter of bandwidth.

Cheers
Ross
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:10

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:10
Ross,

Can you tell me the id numbers of your files please - I will check this out. I thought I had fixed the 0 at the end and your download should only reduce the number of points if there are more than 8000 in the file, so I am curious to see which files you have got?

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 512990

Follow Up By: Rossc0 - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:32

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:32
Hi David,

Following:

Maytown Track EO_U3496.gpx
Old Coach Road EO_U3498.gpx
Palmerville Station to Laura EO_U3497.gpx

All of these reduce the number of points.

Bathurst Bay to Elim Beach EO_U1818.gpx

Does not reduce the number of points.

Downloaded over the last few days.

Cheers
Ross
FollowupID: 791616

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:51

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 13:51
Ross,

I have fixed the last point 0 problem - I had solved this in the tracking downloads but missed the user treks. I am working to add date/time stamps to this download but as yet have not added them to these but will look at this whilst I am investigating this issue.
Will advise on the reduction issue shortly. Bloody computer crashed as I was typing this replay about 20 mins ago but back now.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791617

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 15:16

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 15:16
Ross,
Those reductions are due to distance between points - I had the down-loader set to 1km between points which was actually an oversight.

I reduced/filter to ensure we are not sending out massive files however as you have stated these files only have a few thousand points anyway. I have adjusted the system to support a max of 4000 points per user route - so all the ones you are interested in will not filter and I have tested this.

I have also time and elevation stamped the output data so this will also let you know how it was driven by time and elevation profiles. I had to write a new output class for this and user routes but I have had this on the schedule for ages anyway so it is great that it is now done.

I have now installed these changes so try download these files now and le me know if this is a better result. The download runs heaps faster also.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791620

Follow Up By: Rossc0 - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 18:08

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 18:08
David,

Thanks.

All works fine now for gpx files. Did not try the others as I only use gpx files.

Correct number of points and no zero point at the end.

Cheers
Ross
FollowupID: 791626

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 18:11

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2013 at 18:11
Ross,

No worries - thanks for pointing out the issue. I write stuff test it a few times and then do not look again unless someone tells me it ain't right any more. I appreciate the feedback.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 791627

Sponsored Links