Mt Isa to Lwn Hill

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 07:23
ThreadID: 102741 Views:1946 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning all im after some information regarding travelling from Mount Isa to Lawn Hill i will be towing a 25ft Caravan with a F 250 the van has been built with off road heavy suspension to tackle the Gibb River Road so dirt roads dont worry me(drive to the conditions)any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers
Humpback
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 09:35

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 09:35
If the roads haven't been affected by rain, its a straight forward gravel road drive at worst (check with the Visitor Info Centre in the Isa beforehand). Head out on the Barkley Hwy, right onto the Yelvertoft Rd, up to Gregory Downs and take a left. Or.....taking that left turn part way up to Riversleigh is the go in my view - wonderful to see the fossils there at the roadside World Heritage Site. Its an easy run from there up to Lawn Hill and Adele's Grove.
AnswerID: 513036

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 21:26

Thursday, Jun 13, 2013 at 21:26
We went via Riversleigh in August 2009 after phoning Adel's Grove to ask about the best route. There were bitumised patches on the Thorntonia section and road works were in progress. The roads were good, and concrete causeways were single lane, but the flowing water was shallow at the time. Staff at Adel's said the roads in the area were fairly well maintained due to mining activity.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 513074

Follow Up By: humpback - Friday, Jun 14, 2013 at 07:32

Friday, Jun 14, 2013 at 07:32
Thankyou Darian and Motherhen for your feedback very much appreciated.
Cheers
Humpback
FollowupID: 791743

Sponsored Links