Comment: EOTrackMe

EOTrackme and iPhone - need help please.
I have set up the EOTrackme and had a few test runs over the last month – which have worked fine until now.
I’m doing a 3 week off-road trip starting tomorrow and now EOTrackme does not appear to be working on your site – that is, my iPhone name and track does not show today’s travel, yet my iPhone shows the packets of data to be sent. Included with the data is a [critical] message stating: 'sending data to server failed [-1003] - a server with the specified hostname could not be found'.
I read the following on your site, but don’t understand what it means:
---------------------------------------------
NOTE: uTrackMe Beacon 2 is the new version of the program and the settings for this product (available at iTunes uTrackMe Beacon 2) are as follows:
URL: http://eotrackme.com/track/position.aspx
USER ID: Mxxxx (xxx your member number)
Add to POST Data: ON
Max Request Size: 200
Then turn tracking ON or OFF as required. We are in communication with the developer at the moment to determine the default settings to see if the paid settings package is required at this stage you should only need the free product (14 June 2013)
-------------------------------------------------------
I have the paid version that I bought from iTunes about a month or two ago. Does the above message mean that I need to upgrade to 'Beacon 2'.
Sorry, but even though I'm a technical numpty, I usually understand most things like this..... but have no idea what's going on or what the problem is.
It would be great to have this for my trip - which is the main reason I got it...
Many thanks
Neil R1
Robbo.... with FJ Cruiser and Tvan... :)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Neil R1 - Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 18:39

Saturday, Jun 15, 2013 at 18:39
Please disregard all of the above!.... Think my problem was the test drive didn't go outside the Geofence. A longer drive seems to have fixed the problem. Apologies... my fault (being a numpty!)

tks

Neil R1
Robbo.... with FJ Cruiser and Tvan... :)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 513172

Sponsored Links