Decent travelling/camping atlas

Hi all

We're starting the planning process for a trip up north next year, and one of the things I want to get my hands on is a decent traveler's atlas that shows some of the things that normal maps and road books don't. Stuff like rest areas, campsites, attractions, services etc, things to watch out for etc. I noticed a spiral-bound "Camping Australia" map book and "atlas" if you want to call it that produced by Explore Australia (part of the UBD mob I think) which seemed pretty good, but I was wondering if there were any others recommended by the esteemed and experienced on this forum? I don't want anything electronic like an e-book because books don't get flat batteries and don't break if you drop them :P

I should clarify we don't need anything like a full on off-road manual because we have a soft roader and won't be going places our car can't go.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:08

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:08
Hi RW

WE use the Hema Road and 4WD Atlas available from the online shop here, backed up with single sheet maps of particular areas - and maps running on OziExplorer.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 513373

Follow Up By: Road Warrior - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:45

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:45
Thanks John and Val, I've just had a gander at it online and it looks like a good unit!
FollowupID: 792083

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 16:30

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 16:30
We use the previous edition of that Hema Road and 4WD Atlas mentioned above - but ours is the "Easy Read'' version (400mm x 300mm - spiral bound). Excellent product - the larger format detail is much better for our crumbling eyesight. We also use Camps 6 and the Hema Navigator.
AnswerID: 513389

Sponsored Links