navishi or mitsnav another xbred dualcab

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 13:50
ThreadID: 102837 Views:1466 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
just been reading imfo on
www.carsadvice.com.au
just enter navara D40 dualcab in the search window to find this item by scrolling down
back in december 2010 a joint venture between Mitsubishi and Nissan was signed in a tie -up cooperative agreement to share and collaborate in building and sharing the platform on which the new generation navara's and tritons with be x-bred and also the challenger and pathfinder will also become x-bred sisters/brothers
so this has pulled the rug out from under even more die-hard fans on dedicated choices of motor badges
you often hear some blokes say nah! wouldn't own or drive one of them if you paid me
well their selection has now been muddled
so now we have nissan/mitsubihisi
so what will they choose to call e'm nissmitshi or mitsniss or -maybe
-navtrito or tritonav
so we have all these x-breeds
ford ranger/ mazda bt50
Colorado/d/max who have all signed agreements to share platforms and parts
bit like street dogs with the x-breeding
but hopefully there will be no mongrel 4 wheelers produced
only time and millions of km's will tell
see you along the track
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Axle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 14:56

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 14:56
Hi Mazcan,..Won't know what your driving soon, as long as they keep the parts supply in order and cost reasonable, there's nothing much us poor suckers can do about it.

Got a surprise the other day when i learn't that Toyota are using a Subaru engine in there you beaut sports car!, but using Toyo electrics,....Toyo...Subaru??..Good Quality mixture..Lol.

Cheers Axle.
AnswerID: 513382

Follow Up By: Ross M - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 16:55

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 16:55
Axle
I think you will find Subaru is making both vehicles in the same plant and only the Toyota'ised bits are fitted to the Toyota.
Subaru BRZ has only one spec level Auto or manual and has better suspension and it's price is between the two Toyota variants GT and GTS.

The RACV write up on both cars recently stated they had 16" dia discs and 15" at the rear. I asked how that could be with a 17" rim and brake calipers etc.
The motoring writer sent me an email with a correction of 11.6" and 11.5" dia brakes. Don't believe everything a motoring writer expert prints.

However, they are no good off road and no lift kit is available either.

Ross M
FollowupID: 792090

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 17:51

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 17:51
Presumably you're talking about the Subaru BRZ and Toy86. Both have "identical" Subaru 2.0l motors and share so many common parts they are almost identical. The partnership was a result of Toyota's shareholding in Fuji and Subaru was responsible for the engineering and production. They've been called Toyobarus but I reckon Subotas sounds better.

FollowupID: 792094

Follow Up By: Axle - Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 17:57

Wednesday, Jun 19, 2013 at 17:57
Thanks for clearing that up Ross, Would have thought Subaru would have had some rally emphasis on them,...but then they have The XV, Range,..Forrester, outback, .models, No need i suppose.

Axle.
FollowupID: 792096

Sponsored Links