Flood Heights - Diamantina

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 05, 2004 at 16:59
ThreadID: 10297 Views:1617 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey everyone, floodwaters holding steady still at 7.75 metres. Ian went flying over it yesterday and Birdsville water is 20 klms wide. Weather - fine, sunny about 38 - very pleasant. Brolga chicks growing daily - anyone got a recipe? (Just joking) - do you eat the legs? One of the girls here is from Lake Nash where brolga is a delicacy - I must ask her what they do with the legs. We also now have frogs - I can hear them in the tree on the other side of where the billabong should be. I know what to do with their legs. Did you know that our here we don't have bees? The SS Minnow and SS Betoota have been busy - at least McHale's Navy got their vessels tied up but the Skipper and Gilligan sure have problems here, especially in the wind. Now time to walk anti-clockwise around town for a different view.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Thursday, Feb 05, 2004 at 17:53

Thursday, Feb 05, 2004 at 17:53
Thanks for the report Ruth. How about the photos? or will I have to wait till May.Regards Bob
Where to next
AnswerID: 45575

Reply By: Arkay - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:32

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:32
If you were French you could add the frogs legs to the Brolga legs and have a nosh up.
Saw an earlier post re. putting a couple of photos of the good time you are having there on the forum, never saw a response. Is it possible? Love to see.
AnswerID: 45696

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 16:14

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 16:14
What about soup with brolga legs, frog legs and 'mu legs - I would eat the stone!
Still trying to do the photos but having software trouble. Don't panic - some guys flying in tomorrow (Saturday) from Melbourne and Adelaide with a couple of different digital cameras and they are taking some aerial shots for me on the way up. I hope to be able to post them - hopefully on Darian's web if he's still talking to me. I"m sure he will be. The aerial shots will be great. Keep watching.
FollowupID: 307759

Sponsored Links