Nissan service

Submitted: Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 13:02
ThreadID: 103038 Views:1864 Replies:1 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning to all the Nissan owners on the gold coast, I am about to try and get my Pathfinder serviced on the gold coast can any one recommend Von Bibra Nissan to do this service good bad or in different your feed back is required. as they seem to be the only Nissan dealership in the area we are at Nerang. any other suggestions appreciated thank you very much and as we are only here for the week responses required quickly please. Once again thank all for the input.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaver - Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 15:02

Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 15:02
Broodie,

Try Australian 4WD at 3/12 Indy Crt, Nerang Phone 55781011 ask for owner Dean Futcher the owner (MIAME). I have had all my vehicles serviced by him for 23 years ( currently 200 Cruiser) & he does Log Book services for all vehicles, a lot cheaper than Von Bibra. Tell him that Chris (ex Army) sent you & he will fit you in if you explain your circumstances. Let me know how you go.
AnswerID: 514086

Follow Up By: Shaver - Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 15:27

Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 15:27
Broodie,

Might add also that if you are staying local he will drop you off home & return your vehicle to you even if at the caravan park. And no I am not a employee, just a happy customer !
FollowupID: 792960

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 18:04

Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 18:04
Thanks Shaver I shall give him a call in the morning and see how we get on. I still need to get some warranty work done as we lost some bolts on the way over here. ran into a couple of corrugations when we crossed in to Queensland at Tobermorey lol
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 792971

Follow Up By: Shaker - Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 20:28

Monday, Jul 01, 2013 at 20:28
I expect you would need a Nissan dealer for warranty work!
FollowupID: 792981

Follow Up By: Shaver - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:36

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 10:36
Broodie,

If you only need to replace a couple of "easy to get to bolts" I don't think I would worry about going to the trouble of getting the Dealer to replace them, I would pay for them myself. You would probably find Aust 4WD would replace them for next to nothing if at all ! He has 2 other mechanics, one who is ex Rolls Royce.
FollowupID: 793014

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 12:25

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 12:25
Hi Shaver if that was all that needed doing that would be fine but I need to have the cruise control checked out and also the gear box because when I am on corrugated roads the cruise control seems to want to drop out and when that happens the vehicle will change back to third gear and the motor will rev the guts out of the vehicle's engine, and this will happen until you apply the brake and virtually have to stop. I did not use the cruise control on the Great central Road or the Plenty or Donahue, this only started when we hit the road at Boulia and the road got a bit rough, that is why I need to see the Nissan dealer over hear otherwise it would be a no brainer to go somewhere else to have the oil and a couple of bolts done. thank you for your input, I don't suppose you know what reputation Von Bibra have do you, for there servicing and workmanship.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 793022

Follow Up By: Shaver - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 13:16

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 13:16
Broodie,

Yes I have had past dealings with the Dealer you mentioned having bought 5 vehicles from them previously. One was a brand new VE Commodore SS which on picking up & arriving home the next door neighbour on seeing the car commented that it was not a bad looking 2nd hand car. I asked what he meant by 2nd hand & he pointed out the colour difference on the back guard where it had been repaired. I was not happy as you would imagine ! They denied any knowledge of the problem & would not replace the vehicle, only repair it, but you could still see the mismatch. I traded the vehicle on a 200 Series Cruiser within a month & have not been back. That is why my servicing is done elsewhere. As for their Nissan servicing I have no idea as to their workmanship & am not about to find out.
FollowupID: 793025

Follow Up By: Shaver - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 13:36

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 13:36
Broodie,

I might add further that on checking the Alloy spare I found it had been chipped & gouged. The car had obviously had been taken for a spin before delivery no doubt by a apprentice, fanged into a object or gutter, damaging the guard & wheel. The damaged wheel was put in the boot & the alloy spare put on the vehicle. They again would not give me a new rim & sent me to a rim repairer at Ashmore.
FollowupID: 793026

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 21:20

Tuesday, Jul 02, 2013 at 21:20
Thanks for that Shaver, I have been in touché with my father in law and the car is going to his repairer in Gympie as he swears by his blokes up there and the work can be done next week before we head our way back across country. I only need telling once if something is crook in Tallarook, you go some where else.
shaver thanks you very much for your input. I'll be back in a couple of years maybe some things will change.
thank you.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 793059

Sponsored Links