View or register for this Trip/Gathering
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 01:33

Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 01:33
Hi Bonz.
I have recently joined Exploroz and have not been on any group,trip gatherings.I would like to meet other people on Exploroz and get to chat to a few.
I was wondering on your trip what do you do for the 3 days?Are there activities planned or just sitting around and having a few beers and a chat?Not that im knocking that.Is the camping area dog friendly as I cant leave Gunny by himself for 3 days?
Any information that you can tell me about what happens in general on these trip,gatherings would be appreciated.Thanks Stuart
AnswerID: 514421

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 01:48

Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 01:48
I forgot to ask do many people go on these trips and what is the age group.Thanks Stuart
FollowupID: 793420

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jul 12, 2013 at 20:09

Friday, Jul 12, 2013 at 20:09
Hi Stuart, well all age groups do this from our kids to our parents. So its quite a wide range of ages.

Basically the weekend goes from the Friday, whenever people choose to turn up and we mostly head off on the Sunday, We usually arrive around 4-5 PM on the Friday some get there earlier some much later.

Its a relaxed weekend, you can sit at camp and chat or come for a drive with us. The surrounding hills have every type of 4wdriving from easy to OMG you're not going to do that are you??? But the harder ones usually have bypass tracks. We head off on Saturday for a trip somewhere, grab a feed away from camp and then get back around 3ish, but depending on what happens we may get back for lunch and then head off somethere else in the arvo, Sunday morning is the same but tis very easy going.

The tracks start 5 mins from camp which is a bitumen road to the campsite so its easy, relaxed and fun. You're more than welcome to come along, and we've even had people drop in on the Satdy for just the one nite.

Hope that helps, would be nice to meet you guys!

Bonz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 793793

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, Jul 12, 2013 at 20:11

Friday, Jul 12, 2013 at 20:11
and Yes the camps dog friendly, we take both ours

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 793794

Reply By: Robin Miller - Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 09:27

Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 09:27
This trip is a base camp type trip where we camp on a couple of acres of flat grass on public land.

Usually maybe 20 cars might be there.

Being public land , dogs are ok - children come to.

People bring vans even , but there is no power and limited water.

A couple of half day 4wd trips get organized, there are some good tracks in area.

Maybe half go on trips and others go to nearby wineries or just hang out and chat.

Usually there is a big commual fire and a few games and prizes in the saturday evening, but I never win any.

Its your choice , no hassles , and time passes to quick.

We usually sleep in our car , but as this trip is half social I usually cave into pressure and take a tent.

All age groups and very easy to fit in.

Can't find pictures , but someone will
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 514425

Follow Up By: Member - Stuart and Gunny - Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 23:51

Sunday, Jul 07, 2013 at 23:51
Hi Robin Miller
Thanks for your tip on how trips go.I will know come late August whether I can make it or not.I hope to come and meet some interesting people and enjoy the activities.Thanks for your help.
Bye Stuart and Gunny
FollowupID: 793493

Sponsored Links