Oztent RV5 Caravan Connector Awning

Submitted: Friday, Jul 05, 2013 at 19:58
ThreadID: 103112 Views:3981 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys. This is on special at BCF for $70. Oztent RV5 Caravan Connector Awning
Been trying to find the size and what's included. After about 15mins on phone, I hung up.
Can someone answer my question? Thanks. Rod.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:16

Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:16
Hi Rod

The price that they are selling it for is the standard retail price, as found direct on the Oztent site.

I have only ever seen one as such in the flesh and connects to the caravan via a rope rail that must be on the caravan. From what I saw and not having spoken with the people that had it, it would be a quick set up and this is how I believe it would work.

First slide on the rope rail end to the caravan or what ever, then slide your tent in place and zip the awning connector to the end of the tent awning and pull the tent back to and secure.

Like I said, I never spoke to the people, and I believe that is how they work.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 514374

Follow Up By: HeyCharger - Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:29

Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:29
Thanks Stephen. My big question is, what size is it? that is what BCF could not tell me. Regards, Rod.
FollowupID: 793357

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:34

Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 09:34
Hi Rod

Not very big at all and from memory only around 8 - 10 inches wide. It is designed to make your tent an extra secure room alongside of the van .

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 793358

Follow Up By: Member - Peter E1 (VIC) - Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 10:44

Saturday, Jul 06, 2013 at 10:44
We have one on our Starcraft 12' and can fit it on the side or rear as it is a rear door van. We only have the RV-2 which is all we need for a potty room or spare bedroom.
The only problem is if we try to fit it with the tent parallel to the van, so we connect with the supplied velcro to the side of the front awning as the zippers don't line up.
Great bit of kit and easy to fit. The tent is magic and it does take 30 seconds or less to erect.
FollowupID: 793364

Sponsored Links