Help with ecw file and Orux Maps

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 19:51
ThreadID: 103201 Views:3189 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know if an ecw file (Australia) and the accompanying .map file can be used (converted to be used) in Orux maps? If so, any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 22:37

Thursday, Jul 11, 2013 at 22:37
Hello

I have no experience with Orux (but have it on my phone..cause I can) - a quick read suggests that any offline maps would need to be in png format. You don't say what maps you would like to view (any map of "Australia" could be in ecw format) but it is possible via OziExplorer (PC version) to save some map formats to png format (and modify calibration file to match file name)..but not sure if that is all that is required for Orux. Also some maps may be a bit big (file size) for use, but again not sure. You maybe better off using Androzic which uses ozf2 image format ....or even better lash out and purchase OziExplorer for Android at the extreme cost of $25.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 514649

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Saturday, Jul 13, 2013 at 20:55

Saturday, Jul 13, 2013 at 20:55
Thanks Greg, I was about to purchase Ozi for Android but noticed I'd also have to purchase Ozi for PC to use the maps. I'd rather find out if the program is going to be the best for me before purchasing the PC version. If I can use the file in Orux I can work on it on my Nexus while travelling.

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 793865

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Sunday, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:28

Sunday, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:28
Hi

I think you can get demo versions of Ozi for both the Android and PC versions which still work to a certain extent. It may only be necessary in the end to purchase the full version of the Ozi for android to get by - depends what you want to do.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 793891

Follow Up By: Member - silkwood - Sunday, Jul 14, 2013 at 20:14

Sunday, Jul 14, 2013 at 20:14
Greg, that's what I'm trying to sort out now. Happy to purchase the Android Ozi but want a package that works totally on Android. Still trying to figure it out.

Cheers,

Mark
FollowupID: 793918

Sponsored Links