Cape flattery camping

Submitted: Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 07:56
ThreadID: 103247 Views:3880 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hellow there, im heading to cape flattery next month for a few days & was wondering about areas to camp , I was going to go up to connie beach to camp but was wondering about other areas to pull up as well?

Ill be camping at cape Melville for a week then down then Starcke track to cape flattery then onto elim beach for a few more days.

Any info most will be most appreciated.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gnome - Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 17:54

Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 17:54
There is some camping in the sandhills just before the mouth of the McIvor river (can be a bit exposed if its blowing too much) and some well protected spots just around the corner at the mouth (only accessable at low tide). The McIvor is to the right when you hit the beach!! There's a few spots in the sandhills on the way up to flattery that could be ok but Connies is such a gem i dont know why you would worry. Connies has plenty of good fresh water at the soak(about half way along) and is one of the most pleasant spots you could camp at. You could also camp at the bay just north of the conveyor,but it wasnt very inviting last time we where there!
AnswerID: 514840

Follow Up By: gnome - Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 18:08

Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 18:08
Forgot to mention , be wary of the creek out flow on the beach , last time up it was like quick sand, (sunk to my groin just walking across it) had to drive it right next to the sandhill. Having said that the previous time it wasnt a drama, just be cautious!!
FollowupID: 793988

Follow Up By: LCCY79 - Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 21:48

Monday, Jul 15, 2013 at 21:48
G'day gnome thanks for that info it's duly noted!

I'm quite familiar with cape York just not of this area, as ill probably be towing my quad bike was just keeping other options open, sounds like connie is the go.

The creek out flow is that on the beach to flattery or connie beach?

Thanks again for your replay
FollowupID: 794006

Follow Up By: gnome - Tuesday, Jul 16, 2013 at 15:38

Tuesday, Jul 16, 2013 at 15:38
on the way up the beach to cape flattery.
FollowupID: 794035

Sponsored Links