Boat rack

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 20, 2013 at 23:10
ThreadID: 103332 Views:7530 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all just bought myself a Jayco outback eagle and are trying to find someone that builds a flip over boat rack that will enable me to have my 4.2m boat on top but also need to be able to fold it back off over to one side so that I can set the van up , have seen the car ones but need something a little stronger with some good size rams for the size of my boat ,if anyone knows of someone who can manufacture these would greatly appreciate a contact number.Cheers Eddie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mountainman - Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 01:12

Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 01:12
your best bet is the camper trailer mobs..
they'd have it sorted..
only just have to make it suit your jayco and bob's your uncle...

wish he was mine, id be a bloody millionaire by now..
patent pending of course............ ha ha
AnswerID: 515097

Reply By: Member - willawa - Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:35

Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 10:35
Luggy

If ask the same question on this link I'm sure you will get the answer your looking for.
There are a number of camper trailer manufacturers that make boat loaders for camper trailers

http://www.campertrailers.org

Cheers
AnswerID: 515110

Reply By: Meridith D - Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 15:52

Sunday, Jul 21, 2013 at 15:52
We own an OB Eagle as well. I think you will find the Jayco racks can only carry up to 100kg. I know you want something different, but it could be bit of an indicator of how much weight to put on a Jayco roof.

You also need to remove said items before you raise the roof. I think a fold over one would put way too much strain on the Jayco. I certainly wouldn't want to risk such a heavy item on my roof. We have kayaks that weigh probably 70-80kg together (Hobies) and we put them on the car roofracks so we don't have to take them off every time we wind up the camper roof.

I would check with Jayco
AnswerID: 515125

Sponsored Links