coleman tent

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 09:58
ThreadID: 10342 Views:2114 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
looked at a coleman NORTHSTAR 8 tent yesterday, and i like it.Has anyone had any experience with this tent. Your feedback would be appreciated
thanks
jason
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bigbear - Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 10:09

Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 10:09
Hi Jason
I dont know the particular tent but just bought a Coleman overlander and the fibreglass poles were very suspect. Only used it once and there were all bent and starting to break. Coleman happily replaced them but it is an item to be aware of.

BigbearBush Bappo's 4WD Club
Get out there & have a look
AnswerID: 45781

Follow Up By: uther - Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 16:19

Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 16:19
jas .....wild country geo series.... no I don.t have shares in the company....but they are good for the money.. have lugged one around in out 4wd for sometime and found the to be a good jigger. Mainly bush camps....and the hilux canopy can be intergrated into the tent for rainy days or hot sunshine..done some horrible things to ours but can,t fault it , sturdy and colour co-ordinated, takes about half a stubbie to set up, and plenty of room.... see ya on the track...Uther
FollowupID: 307813

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 06:34

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 06:34
Jason I dont own one but have had a few people use them on trips to the cape.
They seem quite good and when they got used to them they were easy and farly quick to set up.

All the best
Eric

www.capeyorkconnections.com.auCape York Connections
AnswerID: 45809

Reply By: Eric.- Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 08:04

Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 08:04
I was looking at them and was very impressed with the quality , It just looked like a major project to set up Venus Bay
AnswerID: 45811

Reply By: Member - W.Wallace - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 17:56

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 17:56
Jason,
Haven't had experience with the Northstar 8, but I own a Northstar 12 (next size up) have used it plenty of times & had no problems, good for when there is 2 couples etc,
They definately get easier to put up the more times you use them.
But saying that the first two times I used it, I was by myself (just trying it out) and
could set it up with no help, bit of thought the first time then no probs.
When I'm going to one place and staying there for a while it's good(the size of mine is like having a mobile motel room!) otherwise it's the swag.

I think mine while expensive is good quality and will last for ages if looked after.
Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 46026

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)