twin cab utes

Submitted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 18:52
ThreadID: 103420 Views:2040 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
have been following interesting stories by rockape on the ford ranger in the mines, does anybody know of what other utes are used in the mines, which brand ,how long they lasted for,and what went wrong with them ?,be interesting to know,bye barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DiscoTourer - Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 19:29

Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 19:29
Just over a month ago I saw two b-doubles heading north full of Amaroks with the usual mine spec gear on them. All white, with their mine stripes and roof mounted lights, bars, etc.

The mine site must be happy with them to order that many.....or maybe they are just going after 5 star ancap cars.

Brett.....
AnswerID: 515416

Reply By: Ross M - Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 20:00

Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 20:00
Barry P
In Central Vic a company was modifying the previous model Dmax with Toughpuppy spring, shocks and bull bar, + lights, safety gear and Alloy tray for western Australian mines. They were the 3200mm wheelbase models DC chassis not the 3050mm WB DC tub models. Never heard how they went/lasted. Someone might know.

These probably aren't commonly used underground where the rules change a bit with the different environment.

If you aren't going to operate yours underground, probably something which has lasted above ground will be ok as well.

Cheers
Ross M
AnswerID: 515418

Reply By: allein m - Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:40

Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:40
I live in Broken Hill and some you do see a lot of is mine vehicles around town and as far as duel cabs I have seen a lot triton ford toyota and some new landcruser duel cabs .

I am not sure on what problems they have mechanically though
AnswerID: 515427

Sponsored Links