Kununurra's peak tourist season. Local business feedback.

Submitted: Friday, Jul 26, 2013 at 23:38
ThreadID: 103423 Views:2420 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm currently living and working in Kununurra. for the last 3 weeks if you didn't book ahead for a powered site you missed out. Only unpowered sites available. All free camps within 200kms are packed by days end. I went for a camp and fish 70 kms out of town on The Ord river to Mambi Island boat ramp where there's a 2 km track that runs along the river, I got spot that was more just alongside the track. Only stayed one night. In town talking to the local tow truck operator, He said he's never had so many breakdowns at this time of the year, he said the major problem was 4wds, caravans and camper trailers on the Gibb river road that are overloaded and are breaking is the easiest way to put it without going into detail. He said people simply underestimate the constant impact of the corrugations on there heavily loaded rigs.
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:34

Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:34
I was reading a site on 4wd tire s and they said so many people get the wrong tire pressure on corrugations cause thousands of dollars in damage to 4x4 and cars

as well as over loading
AnswerID: 515426

Reply By: Been-Everywhereman - Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 22:52

Saturday, Jul 27, 2013 at 22:52
We have just come from the GRR and staying at Ivanhoe Caravan Park in Kununurra.
Yes agreed regarding people not being able to understand corrugations.
We stopped counting dropkicks flying past us after we got to 6 million.
There should be a test us 4wders should pass before being allowed behind the wheel.
That should narrow it down from 6 million to 500 pretty quickly.
AnswerID: 515461

Follow Up By: Road Warrior - Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 21:52

Sunday, Jul 28, 2013 at 21:52
That said all this is great intel for people like us who have never been up there but are trip planning for next year. In fact it is valuable information.
FollowupID: 794799

Sponsored Links