Moro Gorge

Hi All

Is it possible to get from Blinman to Wertaloona then down to Moro Gorge then back to Blinman via Stirrup Iron Range in SA? Planning a trip in September and would like to try this drive. Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stevo - Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 13:36

Monday, Jul 29, 2013 at 13:36
Moro Gorge is located on Nantawarrina Indigenous Protected Area owned freehold by the Aboriginal Lands Trust and an access permit will be required but should present no problems.

Access to Moro Gorge can no longer be gained via Wertaloona but can be approached from several locations across Nantawarrina (some of which necessitate traversing pastoral properties which adjoin Nantawarrina ie Mulga View, Narrina and Angepena Stations). Again, access should present no issues.

From Moro Gorge you will be able to travel down the wastern side of the Stirrup Iron Range and cross over the the eastern side range via Mulga View Station and return to Blinman.

It will be a three day trip.

AnswerID: 515538

Follow Up By: Member -Ted (Vic) - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:21

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:21
Hi Stevo

I did use the "thanks" button but not sure if it worked or not so I thought I would reply. Thanks for the info I am arranging permits for the trip. Really appreciate your response.

Cheers
Ted
FollowupID: 795019

Reply By: Stevo - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:53

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 12:53
Ted, make sure you include Waukawoodna Gorge on your itinerary (It has to be one of the most spectacular places in the Flinders).
AnswerID: 515707

Sponsored Links