conditions in SW Qld

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 31, 2013 at 20:23
ThreadID: 103493 Views:1400 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A few guys and I are looking to travel to SW Qld including Thargomindah, Eulo, Hungerford and Toompine, amongst other place to chill and fish over the last couple of weeks of August, but have hear that the area's pretty dry and dusty at the moment. Can anyone provide confirmation of this and do you reckon we should rethink our proposal? Cheers and tanks in advance for any responses. Just.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robyn R4 - Wednesday, Jul 31, 2013 at 21:01

Wednesday, Jul 31, 2013 at 21:01
A beaut site called Willyweather lets you look this up. Up the top, type in the town you want (yes, "Willy" has heard of Thargomindah!) and then there's a bit where you can decide if you're after rainfall, wind, temp etc.
Down a bit further, it'll tell you the rainfall (temp, etc) for the past month or past year.
I use Willyweather for 7 day forecasts before we go away (I don't have a fancy iphone!).
So far this month, Thargo has had 19mm (not bad) and 184mm this year to date. Try it and see if that helps you to work out the problem.

:) Robyn
AnswerID: 515676

Reply By: Krooznalong - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 13:12

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 13:12
Confirmed. Spoke with property owners at Cunnamulla recently and they are in drought. Warrego is down to a few muddy holes.
Presumably the rest of the area will be similar.
AnswerID: 515710

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 18:18

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 18:18
we were camped out at Eulo about 4 weeks back, was still plenty of water in the river there then

saw plenty of places that looked greenish due to recent rain as we came into Cunnamulla, though other areas further out that way looked like they could do with some rain. it's not too bad in some parts IMHO, though some places could do with a drop or 2. Lake Bindegolly near Thargomindah still had water visible in it as we cruised past along the highway into town, was nothing like the sea of water we saw there 3 years back, but still easily seen from the road.
AnswerID: 515721

Sponsored Links