Wikicamps APP

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 18:45
ThreadID: 103504 Views:2796 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Gday there all, This may have been covered on this site before but to those who have not seen nor heard of the WikiCamps App, its pretty good. Available for Android and for I phone, it displays all camp sites and caravan parks in your area that have been added to the site by WikiCamps users, similar to Wikipedia. You can add your favourite camp site as well.Well worth the $3.00 for the App, Lots of other goodies,information about sites, facilities and site costs if any, a compass, Satellite finder and of course, a forum. Check it out! Heaps of other stuff also, regards Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 19:32

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 19:32
yup - tis good
AnswerID: 515730

Reply By: Skulldug - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 19:54

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 19:54
Michael,

I'm a fan of Wikicamps and find it much more useful than books except when there is no mobile coverage. As people post more information, it should become even better.

Cheers

Skull

AnswerID: 515731

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:15

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:15
Shameless plug - try http://m.exploroz.com/places from your smartphone (desktop system will go to full version). Accesses all 88000 places in the system plus all 8000 camps and accom features. Use Search and Get Current Position - then select what you are after.

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 515735

Follow Up By: Skulldug - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:38

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:38
D and/or M,
I guess it will be a little difficult to push the "no advertising" rule on the forum now?
:)
Skull
FollowupID: 795045

Follow Up By: kevmac....(WA) - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:38

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:38
you tellem Dave & Michelle
FollowupID: 795046

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:39

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:39
Ill check it out D&M, I have to say i havent in the past. ( Nothing shameless about it LOL) I just stumbled across this app today, i think its just so handy, and its all user entered. it give a personal perspective to camp sites and van parks. best regards, Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 795047

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:52

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 20:52
Kevmac!! Im not pushing anything, Its an App I stumbled across today. Exploroz sell camps books etc that have similar content to the web address that D& M posted above I assume. The App has limited content at the moment that has been added by ordinary travellers and handy on your phone. What could be wrong with that? It takes nothing away from this site that I have been a strong supporter of and been a paid member for 10 years! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 795048

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 21:24

Thursday, Aug 01, 2013 at 21:24
Michael,

Its all good and there is nothing wrong with your post. I have Wiki Camps on my iPhone. I just like to ensure people remember that we have a system that gives the largest dataset available in one app/webapp. It is like wiki camps in a way user updated and supported. Over 60,000 images loaded by users (not us), thousands of reviews and you can update it via the desktop site, mobile site and even send it emails.

I tried to get it fully app'ed earlier this year and have a version on my system that cost me thousands of dollars and I am just not happy with the result so have never released it. One day I will be able to finish it but for now the WebApp does a great deal, plus you can access a lot of the other parts of EO at the same time (Forum, Classifieds, Articles, Shop etc).

So shameless plug it is anyway and hey it's free. I am in the process of integrating the mapping engine into the mobile system at the moment. So keep checking back every now and then to see the updates.

If you are on a iPad or large tablet it may default to the desktop site - you can scroll to the bottom there is a button on the RHS labelled "Go To Mobile Site" - this will be remembered for your future visits.

David

Skulll - It is not really advertising is it - LOL. Just pointing out a site feature is what I call it within a related post and all. I reckon I may get away with it.... See what the mods do...

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 795049

Follow Up By: Member - johnat - Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 14:58

Friday, Aug 02, 2013 at 14:58
"I reckon I may get away with it.... See what the mods do..." Ya think??
The mods around here are pretty viscous about that sorta thing ... ;^}

Nothing wrong with promoting the site on the site! Who else knows the site like the owners?

Also nothing wrong with mentioning other things that people might find useful - strokes and folks, hey?
FollowupID: 795085

Sponsored Links