Talawana Track

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 06, 2013 at 12:51
ThreadID: 103633 Views:1875 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Has anybody done the Talawana and Gary junction roads this season yet? Any advice on road condition and traversal times? Also any nice stops along the way.
Cheers,
Rob.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 06, 2013 at 14:29

Tuesday, Aug 06, 2013 at 14:29
Rob I did the Gary Hwy from the intersection of the Eagle Hwy down to the Gunbarrel Hwy at the end of May this year. From that point south the track was fantastic. But I'd say if the rains have extended into that part, the track will soon turn to slush as there was evidence of problems in the past with vehicles becoming stranded. Also a clay pan/lake that may fllood spans the road in one section.

Cheers

Dunc.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 516001

Reply By: Member - sparra - Thursday, Aug 08, 2013 at 19:23

Thursday, Aug 08, 2013 at 19:23
G,day,rob n shel,I just got to Alice springs today,I travelled on the Gary junction rd,it,s the best I,ve seen it,corrugated patch near kin tore and the border,the grader was working between kin tore and mt Liebig. I camped at Gary junction then only went 100klms east to a campsite for an early day,,I saw 3 or 4 vehicles go past there at a fair pace,the road was that good. All in all the road was excellent,but I mainly cruised along at 60 to 70kph just takin in the scenery. Cheers,sparra
no good being the richest man in the cemetry

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 516102

Sponsored Links