Review: Moreton Telegraph Station Camping Ground

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 07, 2013 at 00:57
ThreadID: 103648 Views:1283 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Place Rating: My Rating 1/5

In July 2013 we camped at Moreton Telegraph Station with our two children. From 8.30PM Moreton staff were drinking, shouting and swearing in the staff block directly overlooking the camping area. At 9.30 the reception block was closed and I could not find the manager. After a polite 10PM request to stop, there were 5 minutes of peace before a few staff came down the stairs and shone torches at the tents and made threatening comments about the complaint. The shouting then ramped back up as the staff got drunker and continued until 2AM. Aside from the disturbance, our children were subjected to foul and offensive swearing for several hours. In the morning the manager refunded our fees and apologised. I wrote to Moreton, however two weeks later no acknowledgment. The only down point of our entire Cape York trip. Also, it's a 10 minute walk to the Wenlock, and there are numerous free camps directly on this gorgeous river. Food options were limited and expensive ($25 min pp). The drinking water was yellow and musty. The showers were not inspiring.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links