Little Desert info

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 08, 2004 at 22:47
ThreadID: 10372 Views:1771 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just trying to get ready for Little Desert , I was wondering from all the experienced LD travlers , what will it be like up there , Hot / Cold ? cold at night ?
I know there is a river along the CP , is it worth bringing fishing gear ? what will i expect to catch ? can you swin in the river ? is it safe for kids to swim there ? Any other activities i could prepare the kids for ?

Any info would be great Venus Bay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:41

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:41
Hi Eric

I haven't been to the LD or Dimby, but have spent a great deal of time in Horsham/Natimuk and I can tell you it will probably be hot during the day and it is often quite cool/cold at night...last time i was up there we had hot days and the nights were really cold...but not sure about this time of year ...as for the river beside the CP why not give Jill a ring at the CP and ask her...I think the kids can swim in the river at Horseshoe bend....the CP does have river access for boats etc...so I"d give 'em a ring...5389 1416 and if you do find out...let me know..ahhahahaha

cheers

Lyn

Life - Live it , Love it !

AnswerID: 45942

Follow Up By: GOB member vic - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 21:15

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 21:15
i would have thought a bottle of the good stuff for mrs al would be first in the packing ha ha ha
steveimagine a 03 gu 4.2tdin the picture
as i am having trouble sizing the picture
FollowupID: 307993

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 21:22

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 21:22
Now you're thinking...ahahahaha....

Mrs. Al always packs a bottle or two of the good stuff...so there's no need to worry...Life - Live it , Love it !

FollowupID: 307995

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:54

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:54
yeah mate you can swim and fish there.
good spot right near the caravan park/footy oval too, there was a rope there a few weeks back but the local lads love that spot so not sure if i would leave kids there?

bringyarodalong !
up the river a bit is the local ski club might be busy in that stretch of river .
plenty of goanna's in the park to keep the kids amused.1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
AnswerID: 45962

Reply By: LynRoss - Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 19:55

Saturday, Feb 14, 2004 at 19:55
Hi,

Went to the Little Desert last year in April. Weather was warm and comfortable. The drought meant that the river was quite low, but swimming looked safe and canoeing was possible. We stayed in a caravan park at Dimboola. It was quiet and peaceful and very close to the desert. I don't think there would be much fishing unless the river has risen since we were there.
AnswerID: 46708

Sponsored Links