Traffic Chaos in Coffs Harbour

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 15, 2013 at 21:02
ThreadID: 103814 Views:1885 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi , All , On Wednesday this week , about midday , there was quite a bit of traffic angst on the highway through Coffs Harbour , just on the south side of town , when a car towing a caravan stopped in the left hand lane , for about 15 minutes , with only the left blinkers on, this was noticed by shop owner , who thought that the van may have had a break down , so he phoned highway patrol , who advised him to go to the car and tell the driver to at least put on his hazards , until the police came , when to his amazement , from across the road where the information centre is , a lady came walking with brochures in her hands, and proceeded to get into the car , after which , the driver proceeded on his way . I wonder if he was in the least concerned about the downright dangerous situation that he had caused to the drivers , who had to suddenly merge into 1 lane , for all the time that he sat there ? .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 00:25

Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 00:25
Some people have no Idea no wonder we (caravaner's ) get a bad name at times when you have inconsiderate people like that wonder how he would have felt if some one had hit his toy, obviously has no consideration for others on the road
Terry
AnswerID: 516469

Reply By: mylestom - Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 05:52

Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 05:52
Not just the caravanners, when the Pine Creek truck inspectors are working, every pull over spot in the area is taken up by the semis etc. south of Pine Creek, especially outside the information bureau at Urunga, two road trains there the other day, also Mylestom Repton turnoff ramp down to highway and roadtrains pull up there. It is so obvious, that they are waiting for a clear run or updating their books etc.

AnswerID: 516470

Follow Up By: Dave(NSW) - Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 20:44

Friday, Aug 16, 2013 at 20:44
Road trains aren't allowed with in hundreds of miles of there.
GU RULES!!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 795891

Follow Up By: mylestom - Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 06:08

Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 06:08
My apologies it should have read B Doubles. What I was trying to get across is that it is not just caravanners causing traffic problems in our area. The semis and B doubles going side by side all the way through Coffs, blocking both lanes in a common problem. They should be limited to left hand lane unless turning right. Possibly the caravans should have to meet same requirement. But the two narrow lanes and the amount of traffic through Coffs is a growing problems that doesn't look like it will be fixed for at least a decade or more.
FollowupID: 795908

Reply By: steamfire01 - Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 16:14

Saturday, Aug 17, 2013 at 16:14
Hi John, here's one to take first prize.
I'm in Perth at present and last Wednesday I was being driven from the city to the airport about 3.30 pm.

We were heading up the motorway, three lanes each side and the traffic slowed and stopped before moving again slowly.
Would you believe WA Police had set up their huge RBT bus in the middle of the road and were breath testing people selected from the right and left lanes as they came through. Although they had plenty of warning signs etc, it seems quite an idiotic thing to do.

Absolutely unbelievable !

Stay safe out there
Regards
TJ
AnswerID: 516580

Sponsored Links