T/D Jackeroo overheating problem resolved

Submitted: Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 15:01
ThreadID: 10390 Views:1975 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
You may remember the saga of my T/D Jackeroo overheating & my Holden Dealer not being able to find a problem. I just had it serviced at a local mechanic & I explained to him the problem. It took him 30 minutes to find the cause of all my distress. A lable that had somehow got into the water jacketing of the engine was causing a restriction in flow at the thermostat..... it had been back to Holden 3 times and they claimed to have worked on it for many hours without result...Revenge will be sweet... I'm going to tell my story to the media and arrange to speak with the service manager who told me there was no problem... then hopefully with cameras clicking & wirring present him with the " fault"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 15:26

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 15:26
Keep us posted Rick , i,m sure we,d all like to hear the result .Why go overseas when you can ExplorOz
ERROL
AnswerID: 46001

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 16:13

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 16:13
Go get em Rick Regards Bob
Where to next
AnswerID: 46010

Reply By: David O - Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 20:13

Monday, Feb 09, 2004 at 20:13
Yep I can relate to that. My Rangie has been using a fair bit of fuel lately ( I know I know) but seriously I used to get 16L/100k on the highway andd now I am getting 23 to 27!!! Auto trans wasn't shifting properly either and I know squat about that so I sent her to the Rover dudes. Told them the story and they checked it out, said they looked at everything, and couldn't find a fault other than auto trans kickdown out of adjustment. No other faults detected!

Well she sure shifts better but damn it still uses fuel. Then last night I am driving and put my foot down and hear something not quite right. Ask the missus to turn of the sterio and I repeat the foot down exercise. Hmmmm it is pinging and misfiring! Take it home and put the light on it- ignition timing is 12 deg BFTDC!!!

I check vacuum retard and find it is US!!!

Should have done the job myself I reckon.

Thing is these days it is all about throughput, these service places don't want a troubleshooting job. They want a certain number of dollars per day and they get that by scheduled serviceing...push em through, the faster the better...$300 bucks each $100 bucks each no worries. Go in there and say I don;t know whats going on and they cringe. This is gonna interfere with the flowrate...lets i wean solve the problem in 5 minutes...oh the transmission isnt shifting properly...sure that'd explain the fuel consumption.

AnswerID: 46045

Sponsored Links