Review of the Ostrich Awning

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 18, 2013 at 21:32
ThreadID: 103915 Views:1888 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
As per an earlier post I brought one of these. After I installed it the first thing I did was to soak the fabric and stitching to expand it all and thus seal it. In doing this I noted that water pools in two sections/segments, being the first one out from the side of the vehicle and the last one at the back of the vehicle and this one is due to loose fabric near the frame that cannot be pulled taught.

I've just returned from 7 days out bush... yep its quick and easy to set up and pack up. During one night there was some light rain and the pooling took place. I wondered how much rain and weight it can take, lets face it in the middle of the night one would much rather be snug in bed than emptying the rain off the awning.

Another issue is condensation on the underside of the fabric and the two sections of loose fabric also creates another problem and that this is where the condensation wants to run too and drip, and as my vehicle has barn doors, guess what's happening.

The unit comes with one pole, I brought two additional poles. I rope and peg the unit for each camp.

Well that's a bit of feed back, I hope it makes sense.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links