Comment: Corner Country

I am new to this we wish to travel from Adel- Broken Hill then Cameron Cnr then onwards to Noccundra Hotel. What is the best way to do this if we go to C/Cnr do we have to backtrack or can we deviate from there to maintain our route to Noccundra? Any help would be appreciated we are planning to leave from Adelaide about the 10th Oct for two weeks then from Noccundra onwards to Innamincka & Flinders Ranges back to Adelaide. Does this sound feasible?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 16:22

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 16:22
http://www.tibooburra.com.au/default.asp?PageID=35&n=Road+Report

before you go check this out we have had some heavy rain past few weeks here in Broken Hill and some road were closed to traffic

it is freezing cold here today and the wind is going right through you at times bring on summer
AnswerID: 516699

Reply By: Chris (Qld) - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 17:27

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 17:27
Hi Jackson,

To save any backtracking you could head north west out of Tibooburra and go through the Sturt NP (Waka and Fort Grey) to Cameron Corner. After your visit to Cameron Corner head north east on the track that goes through Omicron and joins the Noccundra Wari Gate Rd just south of Naryilco Station. From Innamincka just head down the Strzelecki Track to the Flinders Ranges

Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 516705

Reply By: Doc - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 18:56

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 18:56
I wouldn't drive far out of my way just to go to Noccundra - there's bugger all there. I don't think they even sell petrol anymore.

Consider going from Cameron Cnr direct to Innamincka. If the Bore Track is still open that is a really nice drive.

If you really want to go to Noccundra perhaps go Broken Hill - Tibooburra - Noccundra - Innamincka - Cameron Cnr - Flinders, but you'll still be back-tracking to get to CC & back. Worth checking out the Dig Tree on Nappa Merrie while you are in the area as well.

AnswerID: 516715

Follow Up By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:23

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:23
I've gone out of my way to visit Noccundra and I'd do it again.

There's a pub there for starters - worth going for that - and camping on the Wilson is a good past time as well.

Steve
FollowupID: 796124

Reply By: KevinE - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:01

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:01
Hi Jackson,

We've been planning to do the same trip commencing last week in August & going via the route detailed in the reply above.

All this rain is throwing our plans into doubt though. We may end up going later when it dries out a bit & the roads are all open.

Its definitely feasible in the time frame you've got if the weather improves & the roads remain open.

Happy travels!

Kevin :=)
AnswerID: 516717

Follow Up By: KevinE - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:03

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:03
Ah, I was too slow posting my reply; just to clarify, we're planning on going the way Chris suggested above.

Cheers,

Kevin.
FollowupID: 796120

Sponsored Links