Track updates

Submitted: Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 14:55
ThreadID: 103934 Views:1646 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
Well in less than 2 weeks, I, like thousands of others will be heading off to Birdsville for the races, can't wait, it's like being a kid again at Christmas time. Anyway, our trip after Birdsville will take us to Innamincka via Cordillo then out to Noccundra down to Cameron's Corner onto the Strzelecki Track and into Arkaroola. Then home to Adelaide via Blinman, Wilpena Pound, Hawker etc.

I would like to get track updates if I can, especially the back road into Arkaroola.
Can anyone help with this request? Hope to see lots of members up at the races.

Our convoy will be 2 patrols (1 black & 1 white) and a Delica

Safe Driving

Cheers
Nigel
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 15:46

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 15:46
G'day Nigel

The Delica should be OK - just take it easy with the Patrols and drive to the conditions
( lol )

Enjoy your trip

Gazz
AnswerID: 516688

Follow Up By: wozzie (WA) - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 22:40

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 22:40
Have heard that Yellow and Red Patrols are Ok to get through, but the White and Black are a bit iffy......
Dreamin' agin

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 796158

Reply By: baz&pud (tassie) - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 16:27

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 16:27
hi campaholic
we travelled to Innamincka a couple of weeks ago, and the track from the South Australian border to Innamincka is a bloody disgrace, you will be lucky to exceed 40kph for that 50odd ks.
Have a good trip.
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 516700

Reply By: Member - VickiW - Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 20:20

Monday, Aug 19, 2013 at 20:20
Hi Nigel,

By the back road into Arkaroola you mean from the Strz via North Mulga? Not that helpful but I went through there 2 months ago. There had been rain so there were some boggy detours but otherwise a really nice drive.

I'm at Arkaroola all next week. If I can get internet access I can ask about conditions & send through.

Have a great time.
Vicki
AnswerID: 516733

Reply By: campaholic - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 23:45

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 23:45
Thanks for the replies and apologies for not responding sooner.
Well we head out in the morning at the excitement is building or it could just be a lack of sleep. None the less, we will heading the vehicles north and sights are set for Clayton's Wetlands as the first stop (a big day)

Gazz, this is the first trip for this Delica, I did Birdsville Tk, Walkers Crossing and the Strzelecki in mine in '09 and it never missed abeat, they are a good 4wd.

Baz, are you refering to The Adventure Hway (Burke & Will's Bridge etc)

Vicki, Mt hopeless Rd fromthe Strz to Arkaroola Village.

Anyway time to hit the sack add get a couple of hours. I will post some trip reports when I get home. Cheers everyone

Nigel
AnswerID: 517440

Sponsored Links