Review: Lawn Hill Gorge

My Place Rating: My Rating 2/5

Hi all
Got sick of the red dust of the centre, so I packed the 4x and headed off to where water flows, (lawn Hill).
I live in the Alice and use it for a centre to travel from, and in July I headed to lawn hill via the black stuff to Camooweal (about 1000 km), where I stopped at the local BP/ caravan park which I will give a 3 star rating for (just a bit on the noisy side because of the truck) but I am a light sleeper)
Then at 8.30 I headed along the Gregory Downs / Camooweal road, I found the road quite good I had let my front tyres down to about 22 psi and this levelled off the corrugations rather well. I was able to travel at a very lazy 75-80 km.
Beware there are some grids that test your suspension, and don’t forget the dust distance.
There were three water crossings I encounted on the Riversleigh road, the first two were just and this was with no rain for months the other one was heading to Lawn Hill after the fossil fields.
There was a little wild life on the road eagles’ and lizards, and some station cattle.
I hope this helps other travellers on that section of dirt.
Safe travels
Phillip m5
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links