Comment: Holland Track

Looking for more current track info on "the holland track"
was planning on doing it in 2 weeks time thinking it may be closed/wet/?
anyone can please post phone numbers i need to ring to check please
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 01:31

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 01:31
Hi Jaymes,
Drove down that way past the turn off to the H.T. (down Victoria Rock Rd to Hyden Norseman Rd) 10 days ago and there had been a bit of rain down that way - so there would be a few wet spots drying up at the moment especially near Thursday Rock and down towards Hyden end.

I actually drove the Holland track in late May in a Nissan Patrol and had no problems. Lower vehicles may need to take extra care and detour in a few sections.
If no significant rain falls in the next 2 weeks it will be open (but with plenty of pot holes in some sections).
Also Not overgrown.
cheers
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 516825

Reply By: Mike S2 - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:02

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:02
Hi Jaymes,if you contact the Coogardie Shire office they have a ranger that advises on the HT's condition,hope this helps,cheers,Mike
AnswerID: 516838

Reply By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 13:36

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 13:36
hi james b
the wave rock caravan park manager usually knows about its condition or the fuel outlet/shop in hyden
AnswerID: 516847

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 18:37

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 18:37
We just came in from that area over the weekend. The ground was damp and there was some water around but unless it is posted as closed it should be good. Not much rain forecast this week or next so it should be well dried out. Have a great trip and please add a review to the trek notes when you return to let others know what you found.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 516860

Reply By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 13:55

Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 13:55
Hi James.
Most of the holland track will be dry but be prepared to drive through some bog holes as one other has replied at both the Hyden end and at Thursday rock end. These sections have areas of clay and stay wet for extended periods of time. You can get round some, others you cant . You wont get stuck but you will get some mud stuck to your car. Last time we did the track it had been very dry for some weeks but these sections were still wet. Lower tyre pressures help maintain the track. Its difficult to straddle the wheel tracks as by nature the track itself is narrow and most times you will slip in to wheel tracks anyway.Nice trip well worth doing.
cheers Graeme.
AnswerID: 517069

Sponsored Links