Tyre Pressure Monitor – Doran 360 TPMS (Feedback)

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 08:30
ThreadID: 103974 Views:8259 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A topic that frequents the forum board from time to time is tyre pressure monitors. Previously I have used and written about the TPMS brand, and whilst I found it a good unit the Australian representative ceased bringing them to Australia following undisclosed problems with the Chinese manufacturer.

As I am currently working on building my new Toyota 79 Series Twin Cab, I am looking at tyre pressure monitors once again.

Specifically, I’m interested in feedback on the Doran 360 Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, which is distributed in Australia by LSM Technologies.

If you have feedback on other systems please feel free to share it, although I am keen to learn more about the Doran 360.

Doran 360 TPMS

Cheers, Baz – The Landy (for now!)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:46

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:46
G'day Baz and congrats on the new vehicle, you won't be disappointed. I don't have experience with the Doran but it looks a good unit. I'm presuming that the sensors are 'screw on to the valve cap' type.

I did compare my experiences with the Tyredog and Sensatyre units. Info is below;

TMPS Review - Tyredog/Sensatyre

As an aside, what is the cost of a Doran unit?

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 516840

Follow Up By: Phil B (WA) - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:59

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 09:59
Hi guys,

I have both types, bought the Tyredog first and after having one of the units stolen went in search of something better and now have the Sensa tyre wheel clamp on type.

Since having this unit I have not destroyed a tyre; previous to that almost every flat resulted in destruction.

As Mick says Hannibal are great people to deal with, If you need more cable, a switch or whatever its no problem.

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 796333

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 14:22

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 14:22
Hi Mick & Phil...

Thanks, I’ve finally made the move over “to the dark side”, or is it” from the dark side”? Anyway, I’m looking forward to the new vehicle as it will set us up for a few years to come.

The Doran RV360 is priced at AU$670.00 with six senders and the receiver. The senders screw on and are very similar in design to the previous unit I had which was the TPMS. The Melbourne agent for TPMS stopped importing the unit I had due to problems with the Chinese manufacturer.

The Doran also has provision to mount an external antenna and to add a booster unit. The external antenna is priced at AU$108.00, although I have elected not to go with this presently as it is most unlikely I will need it for my application.

I will be fitting the Doran 360 into an overhead console (Department of Interior) and wire it in to the 12 volt system.

As an aside, I was recently reading your article on power. I have been using the Redarc BMS System in “The Landy” and will transfer it over, including two new 120 watt Redarc panels and two slimline 120 AH AGM batteries.

The canopy will be made by Dave’s Metal Products in Sydney. Dave made my original one and it has served me very well...

Cheers, Baz
FollowupID: 796362

Reply By: Member - Lisa & Peter (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:50

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 11:50
Hi Baz

We have the Doran unit, with 6 sensors, have done over 10,000km so far this trip, working well, no problems.

Lisa
AnswerID: 516842

Follow Up By: The Landy - Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 14:04

Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013 at 14:04
Thanks Lisa

I have elected to go ahead with this unit, as it is similar to a previous unit I had, but is no longer available. I have always liked senders that are completely sealed, as I found a common complaint for senders has been dirt and water ingress, which can occur with units that have replaceable batteries.

Cheers...
FollowupID: 796360

Sponsored Links