Caravan Elliott or Fruit Batt falls

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 19:47
ThreadID: 104029 Views:2323 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Is it possible to take a 23' vans and Landcruiser, and camp at these falls or is the van too big for the camping area?

Any info or advice greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:11

Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:11
Hi HG, we were there in 2008 so this could be out of date. No camping at Fruit Bat Falls but it's OK at Eliott Falls
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 517036

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:17

Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:17
Start again. Hit the submit button by error. You can camp at Eliot Falls which is also a short walk to Twin Falls. Click on link to see pix. We had a Jayco Swan which when extended with the beds out would be close to your 23 feet. You can always unhitch. The place is a must see and stay for a couple of nights. Beautiful clear warm water for a swim...... W
PS we saw a fast moving black snake when going to the tap for water!
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 517037

Reply By: Rangiephil - Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:58

Saturday, Aug 24, 2013 at 20:58
At The Elliot/Twin falls camp ground when I visited, there were only a small number of campsites for camper trailers.
The rest were blocked off by bollards and wood rail fences. I had to park my camper trailer in the thin area designed for parking the car, and had numerous people try to hijack the spot, as they thought the main part with the fire was unoccupied. It was very hard to reverse my camper trailer in and IMHO no hope for a 23 foot van as the indent was not long enough for a car and van.
So now that bookings are essential maybe you can book a group spot for camper vans as there are a few of those, but if you miss out then no chance.

AFAIK the circular drive can be pretty tight, and there is one creek to cross going in which was easy when I did it but can vary. I presume you are talking an offroad van with good departure angle . If not no dice.
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 517039

Reply By: Member - Hunter Gatherer - Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 01:26

Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 01:26
Thank you all for your help/advice, I think I will have to leave the van at home and take my smaller off road camper trailer.
AnswerID: 517048

Reply By: Members - Bow & Nan - Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 08:59

Sunday, Aug 25, 2013 at 08:59
We towed our van into the camping area and camped for three nights.

The rig photo below was taken on the way out.
AnswerID: 517054

Sponsored Links