North Coast Campers - Any feedback would be wonderful.

Submitted: Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 19:17
ThreadID: 104056 Views:6110 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

My husband and I are taking our first step into the great outdoors and are looking at a second hand North Coast Camper that appears to be in extremely good condition.

My only hesitation is that it is virtually impossible to find any information on this hard floor camper and there is currently only one for sale in Brisbane. (the one I have been looking at)

To me this means they are either extremely good...OR..... don't go near them!! The company no longer makes this style and have gone in the direction of the Hybrid type camper/vans.

If anyone has had first hand experience or knows of someone with this style of camper I would appreciate the feedback good and bad.

It seems their new pricing is right up there with the Odyssey and KK but the name just isn't as well known.

Thanks in advance.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 21:44

Monday, Aug 26, 2013 at 21:44
we had a good look at their hybrids up until new year just gone but ended up buying something else - not so much because of the quality, which we thought was good but we thought their communication was poor and if it's like that before they've got your deposit, I wouldn't fancy my chances if something needed fixing after purchase. Always got the impression from the girl on reception (owner's wife???) they were doing us a big favour. Thought the product was good and the reason there aren't that many around is probably because they are a fairly new/small-ish company. Shame to be so negative but we were a bit frustrated in trying to deal with them and often got vague and conflicting answers/info. Would've probably bought otherwise.
AnswerID: 517135

Reply By: Stoutman - Tuesday, Aug 27, 2013 at 14:02

Tuesday, Aug 27, 2013 at 14:02
I have a North Coast Camper (Topender XLT) that I bought new 2 years ago. I could not be happier with it. I live in Bathurst and Brian (the owner) actually came to Bathurst from Caloundra to fix a couple of problems we had. His after sales service would be the best I have ever come across. The campers are not cheap but we have done about 23,000Kms in ours so far and it is great. Well built and will handle all road conditions. I tow with a Terracan and at times would not know the van is behind me.

I found Brian excellent to deal with so would certainly recommend his vans any time.

The Bigfella
AnswerID: 517155

Reply By: aim2020 - Tuesday, Aug 27, 2013 at 17:04

Tuesday, Aug 27, 2013 at 17:04
Thanks for the answers gents.

Bigfella. You must be pretty wrapped. Their caravan range is really quite impressive and I particularly like their layouts over the other manufacturers doing similar campers. Need to get a few k's under our belt and a little more money in the bank to get one of these! At this stage we are only looking at a hardfloor camper trailer and there is very limited info about them.

However I do understand your response as well Steve. I did ring the business to see if they could assist. I was only after weights etc and admit that the lady answering the phone was not particularly welcoming in her manner and her husband didn't bother to call back. I guess at this point in time we weren't potential customers but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be looking at one the their Top Enders later.

I guess I will have to "go with the gut feeling" on this one.

Thanks again.
AnswerID: 517164

Sponsored Links