Avan Cruiseliner

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 28, 2013 at 16:49
ThreadID: 104089 Views:2970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of buying a Avan Cruiseliner second hand. Is there an offroad model? Are they reliable? Max
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Albany Nomads - Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 01:15

Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 01:15
Hi Max
AVan Cruiseliner does come in a model that has a slightly more robust suspension and ground clearance than their base model..as such may be refer to this as their "Off Road Model" (But not a true "OFF ROAD" in the sense of the word )

I tow a Coromal Mirage 455 ..similar along the lines of the Cruiseliner which I'm very happy with..AND I have been in a number of AVan Cruiseliners and have to say they are a capable and very popular compact camper/caravan crossover..but that said it comes down to different horses for different courses..AND I wouldn't advise a trip up to Cape York with one..BUT that said last year I bumped into a couple of AVan Cruiseliner owners at Wilpena, Flinders Ranges SA that had just travel from WA via the Great Central Desert Rd and then the Oodnadatta track and they had NIL problems (QUOTE from them: we dropped our tyre pressures and took our time and drove to the conditions of the road)
Ask your selves where do you intend to drive, are you going to be hard core off road or just the occasional gravel roads with majority hard top. They are very quick to set up and whilst they do have restrictive head room at the Apex.. its fine where you are sleeping and sitting and you have to keep in mind they are a camper (the reason they fold down and compact) and not a caravan.
I've been at a truck bay and some folks pulled up with their cruisliner , unlatched two catches and in LESS than 30 seconds it was set up complete with access to all the features, stove, fridge, seat etc etc..you cant complain at that. but as said...different horses for different courses..decide what type of traveling you intend to do.

Kind Regards: John / Albany Nomads
AnswerID: 517240

Follow Up By: Max H1 - Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:55

Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:55
Thanks John - that was most useful. We have been towing a Camel campertrailer for years but now that we are in our 70s and 80s have decided that it's time to move on to something which is easier to put up and take down. The Camel has been great, three trips to the Tip, Weipa, Iron Range. Across to WA, up the Birdsville a couple of times, the Gulf etc. It's served us well. We have only just started looking and will have a look at the Coromal Mirage too.
Regards
Max
FollowupID: 796868

Reply By: Max H1 - Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 09:59

Thursday, Aug 29, 2013 at 09:59
Thanks John that was most helpful. We have been using a soft top camper trailer for years but have reached the ages where we are looking for something a little easier to put up and take down. We have just started researching a replacement and will have a look at the Coromal Mirage too. However, we are still keen to go off-road.
Regards Max
AnswerID: 517247

Sponsored Links