Now that's nasty

Submitted: Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 09:30
ThreadID: 104109 Views:2425 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
4WD Stopper?

I have no idea of the circumstances here or what type of land this is on, merely a re-post from Aussie 4WD Facebook page. As always, there is probably a story here, but interesting.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sandman - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 16:15

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 16:15
Pretty nasty stuff........while it can never be condoned, it would be good to find out the reason for it....Suspect its a symptom of a much larger issue...
AnswerID: 517341

Follow Up By: Skulldug - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 16:54

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 16:54
Sandman,

Yes, disturbing and I am also sure you are right about a larger issue. I did have a look at the original posting on Facebook and was dismayed at the comments. They portrayed the 4x4 community in a very bad light.

It's a shame that people don't realise that they are holding their recreational community up for judgement when they post on the Internet.

Skull
FollowupID: 796985

Follow Up By: Sandman - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 17:56

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 17:56
Skilldug

I'm a cyclist, a few morons make it bad for the rest of us just like in the 4x4 community....

I must be getting old, I wanna get a set of diff-lockers so I dont go digging up stuff when in the bush :-)

Just wanna leave tread tracks :-)
FollowupID: 796990

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 19:04

Friday, Aug 30, 2013 at 19:04
Just looked at that Facebook site.
Can't say I believe anything I see there
AnswerID: 517355

Reply By: Ron N - Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:49

Saturday, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:49
Well, it is Facebook, so there goes a lot of credibility, first up. All that I could say, is that if the spikes really were found in some remote, 4WD location, then the first thing to go through my mind is that there's a drug crop further up the track.
Installing this type of mantrap is typical of the drug-dealers mentality.

I find it hard to believe that any pastoralist would do this, as they usually have working brains. Greenies? Perhaps. It would be a rabid greenie that would do that - but I guess there's one or two about.
I do know, from feedback from logging industry friends, that the greenies spike trees with dog spikes to destroy chain saws.

I've found numerous "cash crops" in the bush and they are always cunning and elaborate setups. I've even seen a drug-dealer tap into a high-pressure water main without turning the water off, and you need skill and pipeline knowledge to do that.
He buried the drug water supply pipe in the concrete support for the main as well. They install booby traps everywhere around "cash crops" to ensure they aren't stolen, or to bugger up snoopers and Police.

As everyone should know, installing mantraps of any kind, even on your own property is a very serious offence, and will get you a serious amount of jail time. Not to mention the possibility of falling victim to your own mantrap.

If anyone does find stuff like this; don't touch it, mark it to warn innocents, and advise local Police immediately, and let them deal with it. The Police will become very interested, straight up, and it's likely they'll be immediately searching for drug crops and criminal activity in the area.
AnswerID: 517398

Sponsored Links