3XM Canopies

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 05, 2013 at 19:40
ThreadID: 104193 Views:4077 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I'm thinking about a 3XM canopy for a traytop DMax Space Cab ute. I'm looking at the one which bolts straight onto the chassis, ie it has its own floor.

I would be getting the fibreglass "Easy Access" model with three doors and windows, but I'd appreciate comment on any 3XM canopy.

In particular - how tough is it on corrugated roads and does it allow dust in?

Thanks in anticipation,

Bill,
Adelaide
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wamuranman - Thursday, Sep 05, 2013 at 20:47

Thursday, Sep 05, 2013 at 20:47
I have the industrial version of their canopy. It is a corrugated roof to give a 300kg load rating on the roof racks for a boat. I am very happy with it. It is amazingly cool inside the back even in summer. The doors close recessed and do not leak in rain or let dust in. I already had a tray but it had ripples in the aluminium so the canopy never was flush with tray...so I had to put silicon around the edges after I purchased to kepp dust out. But that was my special situation to recycle my old tray rather than buy a canopy with tray. I got 3 doors (no windows) as I felt it gave better security if parked somewhere for a while on holidays.
Very good quality in my view.
Cheers

AnswerID: 517697

Follow Up By: Bill D - Thursday, Sep 05, 2013 at 21:15

Thursday, Sep 05, 2013 at 21:15
Thanks Wamuranman,

That's reassuring because the Industrial version is very close to the Easy Access version which I'm looking at. Also because the only problem you had was not applicable to me as I would be getting the one with the integrated tray.

Bill
FollowupID: 797420

Reply By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 13:50

Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 13:50
Hi Bill,

My experience with 3XM was far from satisfactory. Canopy not as advertised in their brochures regarding front window. Very poor quality in general and too involved to relate on here. More details if really required, just give me a 'phone # or email address.

I most certainly would not purchase anything from them again.

I may have been unlucky, just make sure you do your homework first and compare other brands.

Rgds
MJ

AnswerID: 517730

Follow Up By: Bill D - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 22:50

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 22:50
Thanks Michael,

Oh dear. I've just ordered it. It wasn't just the positive comment above yours, but some other feedback I had by word of mouth. Also that very few canopies are made in Adelaide so there's not much to look at and choose from here.

I'll have it in a few weeks so I guess I should report back here if there are any problems. I'm hoping that you were unlucky (sorry, mate). I'd appreciate any specific information on what to look for if you'd like to send it to me at arlbill@internode.on.net

Regards

Bill
FollowupID: 797662

Follow Up By: Member - Michael J (SA) - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 21:05

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 21:05
G'day Bill,

I will send you some info tomorrow..

cheers
MJ
FollowupID: 797700

Sponsored Links