Willie Creek Pearl Farm camping

Submitted: Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 11:54
ThreadID: 104204 Views:3201 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are heading to Broome next - have heard about camping out towards Willie Creek Pearl Farm. Our van is not an off road, interested to know road condition now & what the free camps are like?

Thanks,
T & D
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 14:01

Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 14:01
Going 'out towards' Willie Creek wouldnt be a problem for your van.... but if you wanted to head up further say towards James Price Point.... Id be checking with the locals first on current condition of the road.... enjoy your stay its a beautiful area
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 517731

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 14:37

Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 14:37
Haven't been there for a very long time but have done all those tracks right up to James Price Point. You should be able to get in as far as Barred Creek ok - there are flat camps with easy access from memory. We have camped in the dunes on the south side of the creek (4WD only) which is better for us as swaggers than the main camp on the north side which is better for vanners. It is very tidal area - and at low tide you might want to hunt down some mud crabs! Very pretty to walk over the rocks that line the creek all the way out to the point. I always meant to publish trek notes for the Broome northern beaches but then decided to keep it quiet ;)
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 517732

Reply By: Rebecca H - Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 15:06

Friday, Sep 06, 2013 at 15:06
We went out there a month or two back to suss out the road and decided not to take our van through. The corrugations weren't too bad but if there is even a drop of rain forecast I wouldn't go out there with an onroad van. It would get boggy really fast. Beautiful area though. You can stay at a roadhouse not far from there and take the car out to check it out. It's not far :)
AnswerID: 517734

Reply By: mike39 - Saturday, Sep 07, 2013 at 07:43

Saturday, Sep 07, 2013 at 07:43
For us there were too many mozzies at Willie Creek.
Also (my fault) had a little problem turning round on a track which took us right into the mangrove swamp (low tide)
A much nicer camp spot is Quandong Point, four times now we have camped on the high ground right behind the point and caught fish off the beach on the northern side.
You should have no problem with a conventional van, the going is a little soft and sandy so an AWD tow vehicle would be preferable.
mike
AnswerID: 517762

Sponsored Links