Auxiliary battery for Isuzu Dmax

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 08, 2013 at 16:56
ThreadID: 104239 Views:4456 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Wondering where you DMax owners are locating the auxiliary battery in the vehicle as no room under bonnet.

On a recent trip to the north seen some in rear moulding in pan but by pictures of the pan these metal moulding's are not there.

Cheers P&J
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 21:40

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 21:40
I have a 2011 with a tub and have a battery in a ply box in the tub. It is suitably supplied with heavy cable for the connections from the main battery. I only use a solenoid/relay and the aux battery gets 14,4 v across it's terminals when engine is running.

A mate has a tray in the LH front corner of the tub at wheel arch height for his aux battery.

Cheers
Ross M
AnswerID: 517889

Follow Up By: P and JM - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 15:21

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 15:21
Thanks Ross

I think the tub will be the place to fit it. I have all the gear ready to remove from our Nissan. So will look into it once the purchase is made.

Thanks for your reply. P&J
FollowupID: 797682

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 21:44

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 21:44
P&J

I own a Dmax with a tray top and gull wing canopy.

Our battery Is in a battery/toolbox that sits under the tray on a very substantial set of brackets.

When you say 'pan' do you mean a tub? If so my solution would be of no use too you.

Is it practical and safe to fit an AGM behind a seat? (I'm not familiar with a dual cab or tub set up).

AnswerID: 517890

Follow Up By: P and JM - Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 15:35

Tuesday, Sep 10, 2013 at 15:35
Hi BooBoo

Thanks for the reply, We own a Mazda Freestyle and the Aux battery is under tray is a metal box like yours.

Yes by "pan" I mean tub, a pan is used to pick up all the rubbish etc, and that what a lot of traytops and utes are used for HA!

I recently had a very "quick" look in the rear of a Dmax ute that was fitted with body coloured walls from wheel arch to front and rear of the tub and he had batteries stored there. Me thinks the ute section was modified prior to delivery.

Cheers P&J
FollowupID: 797683

Sponsored Links