Lost Wedding Rings

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 08, 2013 at 20:37
ThreadID: 104246 Views:2383 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
below is a copy of a posting a friend of mine has made today on another forum. he and his family are currently away on holidays and i thought i'd post this here to try and help find what his wife has lost. any help or info would be much appreciated, and i'll put you in contact with this person if you can help in any way
cheers

...................................................................................................................

Help is required from all travellers who visited Innaminka from Wednesday 4th Sep 2013.

We hit the road on our Central Australia trip with two other families last Saturday 31st Aug 2013.

We left Innaminka on Wednesday 4th Sep 2013, but we fuelled up first. Just prior to fueling up, my wife took all her rings, (5) including wedding ring, eternity ring and engagement ring off to rub cream into her hands, placing the rings in her lap.

For some reason, she has got out of the vehicle, forgetting the rings which have then fallen on the ground somewhere near the fuel bowsers at Innaminka.

She didn't realise this until we got to Cameron Corner, searching the seat and turning her side of the car upside down, before telling me. It was a quite trip for the next 300km.

We have spoken to the General store at Innaminka, but nobody has handed them in as yet. It was a very busy few days at Innaminka with the races and people travelling onto Birdsville for their races.

Can I ask if anybody finds these rings, which are very important to both my wife and I, could you get in contact with me. There will be a reward for their return.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 08, 2013 at 21:42

Sunday, Sep 08, 2013 at 21:42
Oooh, what a bummer! I don't like his chances, rumpig. Might be time to hire a metal detector? Very few people would notice rings in the dust.

My missus and I parked up in a big car park in Subiaco, W.A. about 4 yrs ago. Missus got out and bent down and picked up a magnificent gold neck chain!
Took it to the cops, they held it for a couple of months - we looked for "lost" notices everywhere - advertised we'd found it - but not a single response.

Cops gave it back to her, said, "it's yours". Examined it closely, found a makers name and "Italy" on it and a .750 stamp.
Checked up on the maker, one of the biggest jewellery makers in Italy.
The .750 means 75% (18 carat) gold, it weighs 19 grams - so 14.25gms of gold in it, worth around $690 at todays gold price.
I dunno who can afford to throw away $690, and not miss it! Certainly not us! LOL
AnswerID: 517846

Follow Up By: John and Regina M - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 11:33

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 11:33
Why is it when someone posts a call for help someone has to try and go one better?
FollowupID: 797603

Follow Up By: bruce b2 - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 13:46

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 13:46
good luck - but just a quick question, i noticed an unusual number plate whilst in Tailem Bend, S.A. recently. It was "Rumpig" and from memory was on a dark blue 4x4, can't remember the make. Any relationship in this ?
bb
FollowupID: 797612

Follow Up By: rumpig - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 16:18

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 16:18
Hi Bruce...nah no relationship in that vehicle mate sorry to say.

as to the rest of the people who replied...thanks for reading the thread anyhow, i don't expect they'll get the rings back sadly, but you never know if you don't put the word out and atleast try and help a friend out.
cheers
FollowupID: 797622

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 16:48

Monday, Sep 09, 2013 at 16:48
John - As the old saying goes - I don't intend to make your problem, my problem.
I was telling a yarn - but obviously, you have a major problem with yarn-telling, and see every yarn as an attempt at one-upmanship.
That's not my problem - that's yours, and I suggest you get some help for it.

Good day.
FollowupID: 797628

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 09:34

Saturday, Sep 14, 2013 at 09:34
Well said Ron N. My thoughts exactly.
FollowupID: 797856

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 17:59

Thursday, Sep 12, 2013 at 17:59
just bumping this to the first page, in hope someone may have some info to help return the rings to their rightful owner.
cheers
AnswerID: 518011

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 21:53

Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 21:53
a quick update for anyone who is interested....
it looks like my friends might soon be getting their missing wedding rings back, Newcastle Radio 2HD had someone on their station today trying to find the owners of some rings they had found. long story short...... someone who read about the missing rings on another forum posted for anyone who knew the owners to get them to contact the radio station, which is what happened. the rings haven't been united with the owners just yet, but thanks to an honest individual that has apparently found them, the rings look to have been located and will soonish be back with their rightful owner.
cheers all.
AnswerID: 518780

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 22:07

Thursday, Sep 26, 2013 at 22:07
Good stuff, I'm pleased for them :)

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 798687

Sponsored Links